Canberra Meetup.

Hello to all the Canberra (and surrounding district) people out there.

We think that there are at least 8 of us.

MicCanberra and AussieVisi2r are trying to get a group of us together for a social event / drinks /BBQ. And of course to hat about cruising.

Anyone interested ????

Raina

Sure, sounds good. We are Southside, somewhere central is good, like Woden :)

Here are some options, but happy for other suggestions

1. Soul Bar, Woden,
  2. King O'Malley's, Civic
  3. Kingston Hotel, Kingston

I haven't been to 1 or 3 for a while so I am not sure if the atmosphere is appropriate for chatting, but I believe they have outside areas as well.

cheers mic:D

There is a good pub in Kingston where you purchase your own steak at the counter and cook it yourself on the flame as you drink beer. I was there last November. Terrific pub. Myself and a few friends went down for a party weekend and are all big fans of the PM and the Liberals so we timed it to watch the second last sitting week of question time. Got to be one of the best party weekends we have ever had.

sounds like a great idea, Brisbane I think that is the Kingston Pub, they certainly have that sort of atmosphere.

Yes, the Kingo (Kingston hotel) has the steaks that you can cook yourself and it has an outdoor area with picnic tables which is nice if the weather is not too hot.:D

Hi All

Just registered for this site. I am a Canberra girl and have been reading the boards for many years, have been cruising on Princess for 11 years. Enjoy reading your comments over the years so its time I joined/meet the Canberra connect. So I would like to join you guys at meet up if that's ok.

Judy

Hi All

Just registered for this site. I am a Canberra girl and have been reading the boards for many years, have been cruising on Princess for 11 years. Enjoy reading your comments over the years so its time I joined/meet the Canberra connect. So I would like to join you guys at meet up if that's ok.

Judy

Welcome to Cruise critic (posting). It would be great to meet up with as many people who want to come.

Raina has started something that may work out really well for sharing cruise knowledge, experience and friendship.:D

I will admit that I was actually thinking of a more 'intimate' venue. I'm worried that if we eat a meal at a pub we will only chat with a few people.

Depending on numbers....we will come up with something.

Looks like we are going to have enough to go ahead. (there are also a few people on facebook sites).

How about a Saturday afternoon say 21st February.

I know not everyone will make this date, so maybe we should start with this and see what happens. And I don't want to make it too fancy/heavy or whatever. If we go with this then we can organise whatever we want after it.

Could you please add to the list and cut and paste.

thanks

"Canberra Connection" as someone above said

YES I will attend.

Aussievisi2r Raina Canberra

If there are already a few that can't make it that day, perhaps we can do the weekend before, or even a fortnight before Raina? Would really love to try to get a weekend where all (or a large majority) could come for our first meeting.

We wouldn't be able to do the weekends after, will be cruising 26 Feb - 14 Mar :)

Looking forward to meeting the Canberra Connections Cruise Critic Crowd!

Cathy and Andrew

Edited by CruisinCat31