Brisbane Car hire

Nelie

Hey all.

So i have decided i'd like tohire a car after my upcoming cruise in October. We arrive back toportside wharf on a Sunday and then are heading down to Broadbeach for a fewdays. Originally we were going to do the shuttle but circumstances have changedand I think a car would be more convenient . I don’t normally do much drivingand my Mum , my travel companion wont drive but I’ve been to the gold coastseveral times when my husband has driven so I think I’ll be okay. Ive been lookingat a map to find a nearby car hire place. Looks like there is budget and Avis.Has anyone walked to either of these after a cruise with all your luggage andstuff. Are their footpaths, wouldn’t be the first time google map steered mewrong. Streetview looks like it takes you down a road that’s not a road ormaybe wasn’t when the image was taken lol.

Any other suggestions

We have hired from the Budget depot near Portside. I suggest you leave your Mum at the cruise terminal with the luggage while you walk the few hundred metres to the Budget office. It is an easy walk and from memory, the footpath is OK. After you pick up the car you can go back to the terminal for your Mum and the luggage. Just check with Budget that they will be open on the Sunday that you arrive.:)

See if you can get a after cruise shuttle to the airport and pick up a car there. You would have more options of brands like europcar Avis budget redspot etc. plus you just get in the car go over the gateway bridge and you are on the Pacific Motorway and on your way to the GC. But that is just my lob sided thinking as a local... 🤷🏼*♀️

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

See if you can get a after cruise shuttle to the airport and pick up a car there. You would have more options of brands like europcar Avis budget redspot etc. plus you just get in the car go over the gateway bridge and you are on the Pacific Motorway and on your way to the GC. But that is just my lob sided thinking as a local... 🤷🏼*♀️

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There may be a surcharge for hiring a car from the airport. It could be as high as 21%. Add to that the cost of taking the shuttle for two people to the airport. My first recommendation is the Budget depot near Portside. It is very close to the entrance to the Pacific Motorway - much closer than the airport.