MAJESTIC PRINCESS - 24th August - Shanghai to Sydney

The half hour wait for the show wasn’t boring as it was very amusing watching folks looking for seats, folks holding seats and trying not to make eye contact with anyone, and just general people watching.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Love it Helen, too funny, especially the not making eye contact!!

Love it, that is exactly the tactic the wife and I use. Get in early and watch what goes on. Unfortunately we normally get rugby size folks in front of us.:D

That would be my ex rugby playing husband in front of you haha!!

Thanks for keeping this thread going. I am wondering how much is the cost for the Enclave on Majestic Princess? Is it per person or is there a special price for couples?

I did post about it a couple of weeks ago, and without going back to find it, I think for our 22 night cruise it was $299 per person and $499 for a couple.

You had to book for whole cruise.

Like many others I too have been reading the blog with interest and many thanks to cheznandy for all the information and time spent on keeping us updated.

We have to wait to Feb 2020 for our cruise on the Majestic so will be interesting to see what changes may be made.

I am wondering if they still do "Pub lunches" or is that another thing that Princess is no longer doing? I really miss fish and chips otherwise.

Good morning to you we are still following your blog thank you for keeping it going. We both enjoy very much reading it,it certainly has peaked our interest. One question- has the Chinese noodle bar reopened? We are both looking forward to enjoying the Chinese food.

Thanks again for taking the time to keep this going.naylum

Like many others I too have been reading the blog with interest and many thanks to cheznandy for all the information and time spent on keeping us updated.

We have to wait to Feb 2020 for our cruise on the Majestic so will be interesting to see what changes may be made.

I am wondering if they still do "Pub lunches" or is that another thing that Princess is no longer doing? I really miss fish and chips otherwise.

We were on Royal Princess and Sapphire Princess in May/June. They had the 'British Pub Lunch on.'

2nd last day onboard , one of 2 sea days. Just wandered into a private cabana at 10.30am!! So thought I’d drink my chai latte and write this. Not sure it’s like this every day as it’s only the 3rd time I’ve come up. Cruise is lovely, I ran out of free internet so bought some more. Only 250 minutes and that went on family and the frustration of my hotmail account .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

2nd last day onboard , one of 2 sea days. Just wandered into a private cabana at 10.30am!! So thought I’d drink my chai latte and write this. Not sure it’s like this every day as it’s only the 3rd time I’ve come up. Cruise is lovely, I ran out of free internet so bought some more. Only 250 minutes and that went on family and the frustration of my hotmail account .

Hope you enjoyed the cabana Helen. I saw them on a video posted on the Princess Facebook page. Looked interesting!

They have the facial recognition system, so you don’t get the fun of looking at everyone else’s photos anymore. They may have packages but I’m by myself and only had 3 pics taken, otherwise it’s still $20 for a digital pic on a USB and $10 if you want it printed as well but you have to buy the digital file. You can’t just get a $10 print.

Good morning to you we are still following your blog thank you for keeping it going. We both enjoy very much reading it,it certainly has peaked our interest. One question- has the Chinese noodle bar reopened? We are both looking forward to enjoying the Chinese food.

Thanks again for taking the time to keep this going.naylum

Noodle bar is open on the pool deck, wonton noodle soup, chicken cow mein and another noodle dish which I forget.

• 1 month later...

Dear Cheznandy, I'm going to do this cruise next year, I'm new to all this and loved reading your blog. what i would like to know is, i see you were in cabin E412, I'm looking at booking E410 next door, can you tell me is there an obstruction, as this is a obstructed view cabin. Also is there any noise from the lifeboats below and any smoke that may come into the room from smokers? or perhaps noise from below? My other option is B310 on 11th deck.

some of the review on the ship have not been good, I'm really wondering if i should do it, its the ports that have got me, i would love to do that side of Asia.

Hoping toy can help me? :)

4 hours ago, Buttersidedown said:

Dear Cheznandy, I'm going to do this cruise next year, I'm new to all this and loved reading your blog. what i would like to know is, i see you were in cabin E412, I'm looking at booking E410 next door, can you tell me is there an obstruction, as this is a obstructed view cabin. Also is there any noise from the lifeboats below and any smoke that may come into the room from smokers? or perhaps noise from below? My other option is B310 on 11th deck.

some of the review on the ship have not been good, I'm really wondering if i should do it, its the ports that have got me, i would love to do that side of Asia.

Hoping toy can help me? 🙂

Hi

E410 would be great, the balcony is larger than ours was and the only obstruction is looking down, no life boats in front. They class as obstructed as there is a roof when you look down. Looking out it is all ocean. People do walk on that part of the deck, but it is not busy and when sitting back on the balcony it is private. The mid ship location is fabulous.

The smoking area is on starboard aft , I would not want one of those mini suites just above it, actually I just read a review about someone who had one and the smell and noise was not pleasant.

The itinerary is great, we loved all the ports, although we are not a big fan of the ship, it is beautiful and the staff are great. Without repeating what I have already written, it lacks forward viewing areas, public indoor seating and quiet lounges. I am sure there are many who would disagree though😉

I have attached a photo looking towards E410, we are standing in E412, so you can see there is no obstruction. Just to add, the lifeboats start at about E404

IMG_8198.JPG

Edited by cheznandy

Thank you so much, I was worried about noise from below, or noise from the lifeboats as they move with the waves. 

There is no difference in price between B310 and E410 I think I would prefer a bigger room and balcony though.

thank you once again for your help this is all so confusing, ships, cabins, ports, time of year 😏