Oceania include air - Reo to Vancouver or Seattle)

AMTDGT

WE are trying to decide whether to take the include economy air home or buy tickets ourselves.

Does anyone know what kind of seats O gives you on this run. They do not have a premium economy upgrade and their business up grade is a bit expensive, especially as it is only for half the journey for us

Oceania air would be for economy seats. I do not believe that any of the airlines that fly the South America to US route offer premium economy. The US airlines that fly out of GIG all leave at night and arrive in the early am at either MIA, JFK, ATL or IAH, then you would have to take another plane home. If you pay the extra $2999 to upgrade to business class, it would only be the GIG to possibly MIA, then economy for the rest of the way. Most of the airlines are charging around $4800 for one way business class from GIG to LAX. Only Avianca had a lower price, somewhere around $1299. Their flights leave in the morning and arrive in the US in the evening. We chose to use miles for business class tickets from GIG to ATL, then are flying economy to LAX.

WE are trying to decide whether to take the include economy air home or buy tickets ourselves.

Does anyone know what kind of seats O gives you on this run. They do not have a premium economy upgrade and their business up grade is a bit expensive, especially as it is only for half the journey for us

Take the credit and DIY biz class with combo of $ and FF points

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Take the credit and DIY biz class with combo of $ and FF points

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yah.....looked at that. We have more than enough points but there only is mixed seating - 10.5hrs to IAH economy, Business 4.5 hrs to YYC in a crappy plane, 1 hr to YVR economy. Also a 22:30 departure from GIG. Tried looking at leaving GIG on 12th. Can get business to IAH on the 22:30, but economy the rest of the way.

The concern is we don't know what United economy seats on international flights are like (or what ever O uses - we assume an American airline.) Are they like the tiny domestic seats or are they bigger?

We have found some reasonable Business seats but one is an over night change of about 11 hours in Lax or 8 hours in SFO. We have been through both LAX & SFO before, but can't fathom what we would do there for 11 hours over night.:loudcry::loudcry:

We could only find business on the 12th too. Didn’t have to think twice about it. That red-eye is a killer. Hopefully in the lie flat seats, we can get a few hours of sleep. Then taking the rest of the flight home in coach will be easier. Oceania will most probably use United, American or Delta for their flights from So. America. Same coach seats as in domestic.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 1 month later...

My advice is to take O air program, We did the reverse Vancouver to Rio 5 years ago with weather problems for our flight through Dallas. O rerouted us through Mexico City then Sao Paolo to Rio with two(2) hours to spare for the cruise. they made sure we got there.

we flew home from Rio after an O cruise in 2011.We paid for a deviation, and chose Delta to fly home on after an extra couple of nights in Rio. Then we paid our cruise in full, so we could be ticketed, and then contacted Delta to pay the extra for Economy Plus or whatever they called it. Seems to me the upcharge for the Plus seat was under $100 each...I was VERY surprised.

Flew to Atlanta on Delta, from there to Toronto.

Could you do that?

Take a look at Copa Airlines.

Their Business Class is not great, more like premium-economy-plus (no lie flat, but wide seat and lots of leg room), but the pricing is usually OK and I have found they try really hard from a service point of view.

Hub is in Panama City.