Caribbean Underwater Scooter Excursion

napria

Has anyone done the Underwater Scooter Excursion in Grand Turk? I’m trying to figure out what exactly this would be and looked on YouTube. It seems there are Underwater Scooters that you sit on and put your head in an air-filled “helmet,” and then there are “Power Snorkel” devices that you hold while they propel you along horizontally. Which is it? Or is it possibly something else?

Just speculating here, but based on the description of an underwater scooter, I believe that your first description about the helmet is correct. I did learn last week on the Wind that the descriptions, especially on water related excursions are notoriously inaccurate.

We had an amazing adventure in Bora Bora using 'aquabikes' (do a search in google)

There were 6 of us on the trip and we all went under on 3 bikes for about 1 hr. They had gopro's and a movie was foth coming but there was no real pressure to buy but it's once in a lifetime.

The tour was run only twice in the day the ship was docked and I booked as soon as it was possible.

Joe

We did underwater scooter (AquaBob or some such) via Cunard while anchored off Tortola. Interesting but a bit difficult to get into. The bike is floating on the surface but you have to dive under the water holding your breath, and then surface with your head in the helmet. All this while then straddling the seat. They took my glasses and then handed them to me afterwards which means they were wet of course. DH rode side saddle a bit because he couldn't get straddled correctly the first time. The air is pumped in and a guide took us over to the reef. Did see some fish and jellyfish.