Time frame to book Palo on Disney Magic?

gwsster

We have a Disney Cruise scheduled for September 2018. We would like to dine at Palo with our friends on one night. This is our 3rd cruise with Disney and we are Silver.

How will I know when our window for making reservations opens up? Do we make the reservations or do we ask our TA? I know this group of people have great answers to questions. I tried looking this up on our reservation and there isn't any opportunity to even look. This could be that I am waaaayyyy too early, just excited to try this experience.:D

Thanks in advance for your help.

We have a Disney Cruise scheduled for September 2018. We would like to dine at Palo with our friends on one night. This is our 3rd cruise with Disney and we are Silver.

How will I know when our window for making reservations opens up? Do we make the reservations or do we ask our TA? I know this group of people have great answers to questions. I tried looking this up on our reservation and there isn't any opportunity to even look. This could be that I am waaaayyyy too early, just excited to try this experience.:D

Thanks in advance for your help.

As silver cruisers, your online check in window and excursion/activity booking window both open at 90 days out from your cruise.

Are your friends also Silver? Or staying in the same room as you? If not, you'll only be able to book reservations for your room (silver) at that time.

You can book your dinner reservations or ask your TA to do it, it's up to you.

Edited by Shmoo here

Personal opinion only, but I book my on line reservations myself. It lets me see what is available and what fits with my schedule. If the night I want is full, I make the decision as to what to change to.

If your friends are first timers, at 75 days they need to make a reservation on the same night as you, as close to the same time as possible. THen after boarding, talk to the manager in Palo and he will put the reservations together. If they can't get a reservation the same night, take any reservation that is open--it is always easier to swap than to start from scratch.

If some of the group can't get a reservation, still no worries. About half of the Palo reservations are never made available on line but are held till after boarding. Again, go to the location listed in the Navigator for "Palo Ressies" and they will get it all worked out for you.

Thank you so much Disney CC members. Friends are also Silver and may even be Gold. I will have to check. I am now prepared to mark my calendar to get reservations. I am hoping to get them on a Sea Day.

I checked the DCL website and didn't find that information. I did look, most likely in the wrong place. I will go log in and check again. Thanks everyone. Your advice is so valuable.

Also, FYI, if you log into the DCL website and check you reservation, it tells you when your booking window opens.