Cruise Directors

thehawks

I thought Jamie was CD on the World Cruise this year and will be next year. Has he left Regent. Would be a shame if he's gone.

Oops - my bad. I listed his wife Dana (Asst. CD instead of Jamie).

What a relief. Can't be perfect.

Sheila, I know Jamie and Dana were on the similar cruise this past summer but don't know if they are doing the one in 2018. I'll ask when i see them and let you know. Peggy

Thanks, Peggy,

That was the main reason I awakened this thread. As I will be on Navigator for the 89 nights Grand Arctic Splender, I was interested in who might be the CD for that cruise. Other than Jamie, people haven't posted who the replacement is for him.

As you noted, that list is quite old. Paul Reynolds left the Mariner in September and is now on the Navigator. Lorraine is currently on the Mariner. John Barron is suppose to leave Explorer before Christmas (may have left already and should return to Explorer in 4 months IF Regent decides to keep him on Explorer for 2018 - hope that they do). This doesn't help answer the TS's question but shows how things can change day to day or month to month.

So TC, Paul Reynolds will be the CD on our Navigator cruise that starts 29 December? If so, I hope he is more engaged than he was on our first ever Regent cruise...we almost never saw him then and he just didn't seem all that interested in what he was doing. However, that was not too long before he left Regent so perhaps he was just not happy at the time.

So TC, Paul Reynolds will be the CD on our Navigator cruise that starts 29 December? If so, I hope he is more engaged than he was on our first ever Regent cruise...we almost never saw him then and he just didn't seem all that interested in what he was doing. However, that was not too long before he left Regent so perhaps he was just not happy at the time.

Unless things change, I believe that he will be your CD. I have known Paul for a few years and he has always been engaged. We did not see him prior to his departure to Viking Ocean. He may have been distracted because a CC poster announced his departure before he had let his friends and family know. While this isn't a good excuse, hopefully you will see the side of Paul Reynolds that we have seen. When we saw him in September and asked him about his return to Regent, his response said it all "I learned where I belong".

If you don't mind, when you see Paul, please tell him that Jackie and Dennis send him hugs. This may be a way for you to meet him.

Unless things change, I believe that he will be your CD. I have known Paul for a few years and he has always been engaged. We did not see him prior to his departure to Viking Ocean. He may have been distracted because a CC poster announced his departure before he had let his friends and family know. While this isn't a good excuse, hopefully you will see the side of Paul Reynolds that we have seen. When we saw him in September and asked him about his return to Regent, his response said it all "I learned where I belong".

If you don't mind, when you see Paul, please tell him that Jackie and Dennis send him hugs. This may be a way for you to meet him.

We absolutely will tell him Jackie! And as I said, I believe there might have been things on his mind that had him distracted. Or perhaps it was just that it was our first Regent cruise and we were so awe-inspired that we were the ones not paying attention to him!!! Either way, we will seek him out and give him your good wishes.

Thanks!

Tami

Does anyone know who the CD will be on the March1 to 21,2018 cruise on the Explorer?

Also who the Captain and GM maybe.

This will be our first cruise back on RSSC since the South American one in 2011.

Cheers, Pat and Ray

HI Pat - I mainly wanted to say hi on this cold Christmas morning. I didn't realize that when we cruised with you in 2011 was your last Regent cruise. Wish that we were going to be on the Explorer in March so we could play trivia - you are so good!

All I can do is guess about the CD in March. John Barron was dedicated to the Explorer in 2017 and IF he goes back to Explorer, he would be the CD in March.

Unless things change (they have been changing a lot lately), Andreas will be the G.M. He is absolutely wonderful! He was the G.M. on Mariner and got off earlier this month when we did. He is excited to be going to the Explorer after his much needed vacation.

• 2 weeks later...

I just received an e-mail from Paul Reynolds today. He stated that he will now be replacing Lorraine as CD on the Mariner on January 23rd in Lima. Originally, it was Margaret that was scheduled to replace Lorraine.

Edited by BBfromCA

I find these last minute changes confusing. It seems that Regent have problems or issues with Cruise Directors. Who is likely to be cruise Director on Voyager in mid-May?

Hi - I don't think that Regent has "problems or issues" with Cruise Directors - they just have things in their lives like we all do that cause changes. This isn't only with Cruise Directors - General Managers also have changes as do other senior officers. I remember being disappointed that F&B Director Donald was not on our last cruise when we boarded. According to his normal schedule, he was due to be back on Mariner. He did arrive for the last 7 days of our cruise. The reason that he took a longer vacation was due to the birth of his daughter.

When I'm on the Voyager in late March/early April I'll be posting and will be happy to ask whomever the C.D. is (was suppose to be Paul Reynolds) who will be on board in mid-May. Assuming that they may know by then.

I just received an e-mail from Paul Reynolds today. He stated that he will now be replacing Lorraine as CD on the Mariner on January 23rd in Lima. Originally, it was Margaret that was scheduled to replace Lorraine.

Bill,

If you get a chance, ask Paul if he will be the CD on Navigator June 21 of this year for the Grand Arctic Splendors. My travel buddy and I cruised with him on the first Discovery Collection cruise on Navigator 2008.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Beth,

I had dinner with Paul tonight and he told me that although he has only seen schedules through May, he believes that you will have Ray Solare as your Cruise Director....but things can change (just as it did for him two weeks ago to bring him over to the Mariner)

Bill

Beth,

I had dinner with Paul tonight and he told me that although he has only seen schedules through May, he believes that you will have Ray Solare as your Cruise Director....but things can change (just as it did for him two weeks ago to bring him over to the Mariner)

Bill

Hey Bill,

Thanks for talking with Paul about the CD for the June 21 Navigator cruise. It would be great if things did change and Paul could be our cruise director.

Enjoy your cruise and thanks for blogging!

IMO, if you are active with onboard games (including Trivia), the Cruise Director does make a big difference. John Barron, for instance, is everywhere - playing games with passengers - making everyone laugh and is extremely talented (does his own show in the theater and always receives a standing ovation). Ray Solare does the best Trivia (IMO) except that he asks too many Harry Potter questions. He is just funny when he interacts with the audience. Paul Reynolds is the consummate gentlemen - so nice and a joy to be around. Lorraine is very talented and we have yet to sail with the other "Southern U.S." Cruise Director but I heard wonderful things about her.

We find that, after 30 cruises, we tend to stay more to ourselves - avoiding Trivia, etc. so we only interact with the Cruise Director if we are able to have dinner with them. However, in earlier years, they made a huge difference to our cruising experience.

IMO, if you are active with onboard games (including Trivia), the Cruise Director does make a big difference. John Barron, for instance, is everywhere - playing games with passengers - making everyone laugh and is extremely talented (does his own show in the theater and always receives a standing ovation). Ray Solare does the best Trivia (IMO) except that he asks too many Harry Potter questions. He is just funny when he interacts with the audience. Paul Reynolds is the consummate gentlemen - so nice and a joy to be around. Lorraine is very talented and we have yet to sail with the other "Southern U.S." Cruise Director but I heard wonderful things about her.

We find that, after 30 cruises, we tend to stay more to ourselves - avoiding Trivia, etc. so we only interact with the Cruise Director if we are able to have dinner with them. However, in earlier years, they made a huge difference to our cruising experience.

Totally agree. Not much of a difference per se. We’ve had talented, personable and non personable CDs over the years. That is what usually makes the difference if you participate in all of the CD lead activities such as Trivia. However, there is a big difference when you sail on a cruise with John Barron. He is outstanding in so many ways as mentioned by TC and others even if you tend to not participate in most activities. Just a delight.

• 2 weeks later...
Who will be the cruise director for explorer June 2018? Paul or ray? Will be on this cruise Thru norway. :cool:

John Barron has been the lead Cruise Director for Explorer last year and probably this year. If this remains the case, he probably will be the Cruise Director in June. Paul has yet to be on Explorer. Ray was there for the christening cruise as well as the maiden voyage and has been there on and off. While it is impossible to predict, my money would be on John Barron!

Note: Ray is currently on the Voyager so it is possible that he would be on Explorer in June IF John is on vacation.