Embarkation

Hi, we are not going until July on the Marella Discovery (from Port of Tyne) but i like to be well informed/prepared so wanted ask about the embarkation procedure. First cruise for us and have only flown before; so used to airports but not ports. I found airports on the whole ok but stressful at times due to long queues, crowds, waiting and delays etc.

We are arriving the evening before the cruise and staying overnight at the premier inn.

Will the cruise tickets show specific time we should check in/ embark or do we check in then get a specific time to get on the ship? What are peoples experience of the embarkation day ? Has it gone smoothly? Does everyone head to eat lunch and therefore become crowded?

Any information, any advice, or generally what people like to do on that first day will be much appreciated . Thanks

Oh sorry i also forgot to ask can you go straight to cabin or is that dependent on time. Thanks

Your cabin should be ready as soon as you board the ship. Your cases will arrive sometime later. If it is a hot weather cruise it might be a good idea to have some shorts etc in your carry on so you can change straight away.

I think check in opens around midday at Port of Tyne. You will then be called in groups to board the ship as soon as it's ready. It's nothing like the airport. No queueing or security searches. All very relaxed. If you arrive at 12ish you will be there before the coaches arrive.

And yes, everyone makes for the buffet first as it may be a little while before your luggage arrives at your cabin. (You probably won't need the shorts!)

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk