Hotel in Fort Lauderdale

Silversea Cruises

Read Silversea Cruise Reviews written by cruisers just like you.

Find Your Silversea Roll Call

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 10:45 PM.
Montreux, Switzerland
143 Posts
Joined Aug 2009
Hello,
I will be leaving Fort Lauderdale on December 20, 2018 aboard Silver Whisper and I am looking for a conveniently located hotel. Any advice? Thanks and cheers from Switzerland.

Sent from my iPad using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
QV - Baltic & St Petersburg cruise - Aug 10, 2014

QM2 - Caribbean cruise - Dec 19, 2010

QM2 - Caribbean cruise - Dec 20, 2009

London, but not in the EU (soon)
2,486 Posts
Joined Oct 2007
Originally posted by SSCAF001
Hello,
I will be leaving Fort Lauderdale on December 20, 2018 aboard Silver Whisper and I am looking for a conveniently located hotel. Any advice? Thanks and cheers from Switzerland.

There are a number of reasonable hotels close to the port area, the Hyatt Pier 66 is ok, SS use the Marriott Harbour Beach, and if you fancy somewhere more upmarket go for The Pillars.

Bermuda
1,791 Posts
Joined Feb 2007
The most convenient for the port is the Renaissance, opposite the port entrance (although you'll still need to take a shuttle to the Pier, it's such a large port), although I often use the Embassy Suites 17th St just along the road - a perfectly adequate hotel for a short stay. Or the Hilton Marina does offer some pleasant views of the Intracoastal Waterway and ditto is adequate for a short stay.
Wherever you choose, book early (like now) as you'll be getting into peak cruising season and all the convenient and decent hotels near the port get fully booked. For this reason, you'll probably also find that hotel prices for your dates may be higher than you'd expect.
101,691 Posts
Joined Jul 2000
Keep in mind there are many hotels near the port and I define near within a fifteen minute radius.

Will you be there for one night or more?

If you like the beach the Marriott Harbour Beach is a very nice property with a beautiful pool and nice beach area.

I am not big on the Pier 66 hotel although it has been purchased by another group so we'll see if they improve it.

I can offer many more suggestions but would like to know how many days you will be there and do you know price range (USA).

Keith
usa
3,407 Posts
Joined Feb 2013
Doubletree also nice.
Not too far and within walking distance of Galleria and some great restaurants.
Also the riverside hotel on las olas.
Montreux, Switzerland
143 Posts
Joined Aug 2009
Thank you very much for your answer. Just to be more specific we will be spending only one night prior to the cruise arriving from Switzerland on December 19. Among the hotels you mentioned could you tell me if some of them propose a free shuttle to the pier or if I will have to organize the transportation by myself? Thanks. Christophe.

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Montreux, Switzerland
143 Posts
Joined Aug 2009
Do you know a hotel offering both a shuttle from Miami international airport and a shuttle to the pier? Does it exist? Thanks.

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

London, but not in the EU (soon)
2,486 Posts
Joined Oct 2007
Do you know a hotel offering both a shuttle from Miami international airport and a shuttle to the pier? Does it exist? Thanks.

Pretty sure the answer to both questions is no. It's pretty easy to get a taxi from Miami to Ft Lauderdale and also to the pier.

Bermuda
1,791 Posts
Joined Feb 2007
Originally posted by RachelG
I would just get an Uber.

OP is from Switzerland and probably won't be using international data roaming or have the app so Uber not much use - if he does use Uber, then OK, that's an option.
I always get Supershuttle from Miami airport to Embassy Suites 17th St but I'm solo, the price for two on Supershuttle is still cheaper than a taxi but not by so much. Taxi is about $90.
Then get a taxi to the port, $10 to $20 from any hotel near 17th St.

101,691 Posts
Joined Jul 2000
Thank you very much for your answer. Just to be more specific we will be spending only one night prior to the cruise arriving from Switzerland on December 19. Among the hotels you mentioned could you tell me if some of them propose a free shuttle to the pier or if I will have to organize the transportation by myself? Thanks. Christophe.

Christophe, none of the hotels that have been mentioned have a complimentary shuttle.

A few do in Fort Lauderdale but they would not be the ones I would recommend to you.

Most of the hotels near the cruise port are relatively close to the airport. Likely a $15.00 (in USA taxi ride) between airport and many of the hotels listed and about the same to the port.

If you want a hotel just for the one night consider the Embassy Suites. It's relatively close to airport and port and close to shopping should you need any last minute items. It includes a very nice breakfast.

If you were staying a few days then I would be recommending several other hotels.

As mentioned Uber or Lyft are other options but if that is not possible for you then the taxi is easy.

Hotels like Embassy Suites allow you to book a shuttle which you can do upon your arrival but to me it is very easy to go with a taxi or the other companies I mentioned.

Keith
Bermuda
1,791 Posts
Joined Feb 2007
Originally posted by Keith1010
Most of the hotels near the cruise port are relatively close to the airport. Likely a $15.00 (in USA taxi ride) between airport and many of the hotels listed and about the same to the port.

If you want a hotel just for the one night consider the Embassy Suites. It's relatively close to airport and port and close to shopping should you need any last minute items. It includes a very nice breakfast.

Hotels like Embassy Suites allow you to book a shuttle which you can do upon your arrival but to me it is very easy to go with a taxi or the other companies I mentioned.

Keith
Christophe is flying in from Switzerland so it'll be MIA, not FLL, that's why I quoted a $90 US taxi price.

And as mentioned, book early. Embassy Suites Fort Lauderdale 17th St is currently showing flexible rate Dec 19/20 at $199 US ($222.88 with taxes) - this is very cheap for this area at this time and, since it's fully flexible and cancellable, I would strongly suggest you make a reservation now.
Monterrey
3,091 Posts
Joined Jun 2017
For our Silhouette cruise we are looking the Hilton Marina, they have a cruise package which includes Breakfast and transportation to the Cruise Terminal. Like more these because they have rooms with a view to the ships at port
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

1. Nordic Empress Bahamas July 22, 1996
  2. Nordic Empress Southern Caribbean December 29, 1997
  3. Enchantment Of The Seas Western Caribbean August 16, 1998
  4. Disney Magic Bahamas March 29, 1999
  5. Splendour Of The Seas Millennium Southern Caribbean December 28, 1999
  6. Splendour Of The Seas British Islands & Norwegian Fjords July 28, 2000
  7. Rhapsody Of The Seas Western Caribbean July 16, 2006
  8. Oasis Of The Seas Eastern Caribbean March 17, 2016
  9. Celebrity Eclipse Exotic Southern Caribbean March 18, 2018
  10. Celebrity Summit New England & Canada October 07, 2018
  11. Celebrity Silhouette Grand Cayman plus ABC Islands March 15, 2019
  12. Celebrity Silhouette Southern Caribbean March 24, 2019
  13. Celebrity Eclipse Vancouver to Hawaii September 22, 2019
  14. Celebrity Eclipse Hawaii to Vancouver October 3, 2019
  15. Celebrity Eclipse Pacific Coastal October 13, 2019

101,691 Posts
Joined Jul 2000
Originally posted by jollyjones
Christophe is flying in from Switzerland so it'll be MIA, not FLL, that's why I quoted a $90 US taxi price.

And as mentioned, book early. Embassy Suites Fort Lauderdale 17th St is currently showing flexible rate Dec 19/20 at $199 US ($222.88 with taxes) - this is very cheap for this area at this time and, since it's fully flexible and cancellable, I would strongly suggest you make a reservation now.
Oh yes, good point on the transportation.

Keith