Live Oasis, Jan 7th 2018 with pics

...snip

So I think that's pretty much it, we really enjoyed our time on Oasis. Our next cruise is next Jan, same week on either the liberty of the seas or the celebrity sillohette, yes we have 2 booked, booked them both from previous cruises with the instant obc and the $100 deposit. Decisions, decisions. I'm sure it will be the LOSS, it's about 1/2 the price and we can drive to Houston.

I'll try n do a wrap up tomorrow from the airport, our flight isn't until 6pm, we'll be renting a car and checking things out.

Again thanks for all the kind words and any more questions, fire away and I'll see if I can answer them.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

First, thank you for your patience with us and answering all of the questions.

Here's another! When you have a minute, can you tell me which ship you prefer, Oasis or Silhouette? Silhouette is our favorite S class and we are doing our first Oasis at the end of Feb. Just wondering your thoughts. Thank you!

I’d like to start out by say this was an excellent review and all the pictures really helped me out for our May cruise. I have one question that you may not be able to answer since you didn’t go to the dinning room, but can anyone answer what time the late seating starts? My cruise planner is saying 7:30 but it looks to be around 8:00 by some of the reviews I see on here.

The other thing I like was you gave me lots of ideals on drinks since I have the Ultimate Drink Package for the first time. Long time smuggler on other lines, but this is also my first time with Royal Caribbean. I’m a straight forward Bourbon and Coke drinker, but want to try other drinks to see what I like.

Thanks to anyone that may help out.

Edited by simplealman
Change package name

Thats awesome on the solarium for dinner! Do you need to make reservations?? and is it the standard dress code that follows the main dining room?
Reservations are recommend, I don't think they are mandatory but you can make them on the pre-cruise planner. Dress is just casual.

First, thank you for your patience with us and answering all of the questions.

Here's another! When you have a minute, can you tell me which ship you prefer, Oasis or Silhouette? Silhouette is our favorite S class and we are doing our first Oasis at the end of Feb. Just wondering your thoughts. Thank you!

I haven't been on the Sillohette, but I have been in the Equinox and Eclipse. I really enjoyed both those celebrity cruises. The ships are spectacular. I'm not saying they are better, just different. The "S" class ships and Oasis class are definitely my favorite, but I don't think I can choose a definitive winner. Again a different experience.

I’d like to start out by say this was an excellent review and all the pictures really helped me out for our May cruise. I have one question that you may not be able to answer since you didn’t go to the dinning room, but can anyone answer what time the late seating starts? My cruise planner is saying 7:30 but it looks to be around 8:00 by some of the reviews I see on here.

The other thing I like was you gave me lots of ideals on drinks since I have the Ultimate Drink Package for the first time. Long time smuggler on other lines, but this is also my first time with Royal Caribbean. I’m a straight forward Bourbon and Coke drinker, but want to try other drinks to see what I like.t

We sailed Oasis December 31 and Jan 7, and late dining was 7:30

M

Hi :tropical-drink:(y)

Thanks so much for taking us along on your cruise and excellent review. This really gets our antiscipation up for our cruise on Oasis of seas in FEB. We hope when you cruise again you take us along . Looking forward to more cruising for all of us, Happy cruising

Cruise times the best :D

kruise kat:),kruise runner:cool:

The Solarium Bistro was really good. Nice selection of apps and salads to choose from and you order your main from waiter. I had the strip steak and grilled shrimp. Both were very good, and a really nice atmosphere plus you can eat a lot faster than in the MDR. We were in n out in about 45 mins

4f5d86e4bea95f9ac09dcf570265bc26.jpg

6d5fcea6fda5ac1ba96263714bf38740.jpg

Just moved this so I could print the Solarium Bistro menu. Being a technophobe, I couldn't print it from its previous location.

I haven't been on the Sillohette, but I have been in the Equinox and Eclipse. I really enjoyed both those celebrity cruises. The ships are spectacular. I'm not saying they are better, just different. The "S" class ships and Oasis class are definitely my favorite, but I don't think I can choose a definitive winner. Again a different experience.

Thanks! The old 'apples/oranges'! I can understand that.

But having only sailed on Freedom (twice) we definitely preferred X. I am looking forward to experiencing Oasis.

We've done multiple cruises on each of the 4 of the S class ships, just never cruised on Solstice!. But our favorite is Silhouette. I hope you take us along for that one!

The other thing I like was you gave me lots of ideals on drinks since I have the Ultimate Drink Package for the first time. Long time smuggler on other lines, but this is also my first time with Royal Caribbean. I’m a straight forward Bourbon and Coke drinker, but want to try other drinks to see what I like.

In my opinion you really need to get some clarification on the Bourbon issue.

My drink is Jim Beam and coke. Have been drinking it for years on RCI cruises.

Unfortunately on our last cruise on the Harmony Jim Beam was not an option.

There was no Bourbon option for our B2B cruises.

Years ago I was a smuggler of Jim Beam because it wasn't an on board option to be purchased.

I hope this isn't a fleet wide change. I might have to revert back to my smuggling skills. Warning RCi has gotten better at finding smugglers.

In my opinion you really need to get some clarification on the Bourbon issue.

My drink is Jim Beam and coke. Have been drinking it for years on RCI cruises.

Unfortunately on our last cruise on the Harmony Jim Beam was not an option.

There was no Bourbon option for our B2B cruises.

Years ago I was a smuggler of Jim Beam because it wasn't an on board option to be purchased.

I hope this isn't a fleet wide change. I might have to revert back to my smuggling skills. Warning RCi has gotten better at finding smugglers.

I thought Makers and Knob Creek were commonly carried on board.

I thought Makers and Knob Creek were commonly carried on board.

Up until the Harmony cruise Jim Beam has always been available. None of the bar tenders knew why they

didn't have it. Could have been an over sight in the purchasing orders.

I am planning on cruising on the Allure this year so the next thoughtful CC member that does a live report from the Allure I will ask them to check it out.

I am D+ and always disappointed that Jim Beam has never been offered as one of our free drinks. But on this cruise (Harmony) there was not any brand of Bourbon offered.

• 2 months later...
Brought the hammock for the 1st time, worked out really good especially for the larger D1 balcony.

ed820c3c8f32534ef4b9e17821c9ef93.jpg

How we attached it.

2bda35dddb994e24a798d4f7d484885c.jpg

Ya, DW pretty much loves it.

1edfa7c92f3a56c3a932f0c95a1fe8f9.jpg

ed820c3c8f32534ef4b9e17821c9ef93.jpg

I would love specific details on how to attach this hammock LOL, we have a large balcony too!!!

Just an FYI hand sanitizer or lysol does kill Noro virus. What I buy is Clorox healthcare hydrogen peroxide wipes. DH and I wash before entering buffet and dinning room and when we leave. I also wipe down cabin surfaces and take wipes to buffet and wipe down table. I'm not a germafob just a nurse that doesn't want to spend hard earned money for a cruise and spend it in my room sick!

Where did you get the wipes