Gone Tropical | 2017 Highlights Video

Chesneygirl

Please enjoy our "Gone Tropical" 2017 highlights cruise video.

We sailed to Bermuda twice, once on the NCL Dawn from Boston and the NCL Breakaway from NYC. We also did our annual winter escape on the NCL Escape from Miami to the Caribbean Islands back in February.

This video highlights all 3 cruises in under 3 minutes!

GCPxUe84Zmo

Well done. Great compilation and well edited. Good use of the drone for aerial shots, and I like what you've done with the audio too.

Thank you for the kind words! I watched your video on YT and gave it a like...yours well done as well. :)

Thank you for the kind words! I watched your video on YT and gave it a like...yours well done as well. :)

Thank you. I have a question for you - How do you capture your audio? Specifically, the weather report at the beginning and end. It's a very cool addition, especially accompanied by the overhead drone shot/walking thru snow. Did you record this off TV? Streaming audio?

It's a GREAT intro - It really holds my attention.

Steve

Thank you. I have a question for you - How do you capture your audio? Specifically, the weather report at the beginning and end. It's a very cool addition, especially accompanied by the overhead drone shot/walking thru snow. Did you record this off TV? Streaming audio?

It's a GREAT intro - It really holds my attention.

Steve

I did a weather search of the Boston area on Youtube and came across a bunch of videos from our local forecasters. I then used my DSLR Canon 70D in movie mode to record the YT video onto the memory card. Then I uploaded the clip into Final Cut Pro X like I would any other footage. From there I placed the clip on my timeline and detached the audio from the clip itself and deleted the rest. Hope that makes sense.

It was actually very simple to do! :)

I did a weather search of the Boston area on Youtube and came across a bunch of videos from our local forecasters. I then used my DSLR Canon 70D in movie mode to record the YT video onto the memory card. Then I uploaded the clip into Final Cut Pro X like I would any other footage. From there I placed the clip on my timeline and detached the audio from the clip itself and deleted the rest. Hope that makes sense.

It was actually very simple to do! :)

I understand completely. Thanks for your explanation.

I've often thought about doing the same type of thing when showing video of flying/travelling, and overlaying audio from flight deck/tower communications. I just hadn't figured out how to collect the original source audio. I'm guessing there's plenty of it on YT too. So now I know. Cool, thanks!

Really liked that. Great editing !

Well done.

Henry :)

Thank you! :)

I just watched your video and thought it was wonderful. I left a comment on your YT channel as I had a couple of questions for you about your video. I hope you get a chance to answer.