UK to Quito help required.

joe_90

Hi All

I have completed enough days on Silversea to have a voucher for 7 days free and was hoping to use them on the Galapagos trip but as the saying goes 'we have a problem Houston '

Although I can have a suite and the flights to and from the islands to Quito they will not or cannot book my flights from and to London. This seems a bit strange but thats what they have told my TA.

Has anyone else had this problem or did you arrange your own air and if so what routing did you take.

Any info would be great.

Joe

Don’t know if it helps but a couple of years ago I looked at a Galapagos trip and the TA suggested flights via Heathrow / Miami using AA or via Madrid, using BA / Iberia.

Mike

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi All

I have completed enough days on Silversea to have a voucher for 7 days free and was hoping to use them on the Galapagos trip but as the saying goes 'we have a problem Houston '

Although I can have a suite and the flights to and from the islands to Quito they will not or cannot book my flights from and to London. This seems a bit strange but thats what they have told my TA.

Has anyone else had this problem or did you arrange your own air and if so what routing did you take.

Any info would be great.

Joe

It is usual when a route is not used enough for Silversea Air to not have a contract with a airline. It is then, as they say: just get there on your own. I am a little perplexed that an experienced TA can't figure out how to get you to point of connection with transport out to the Galapoagos islands? If you need a top ten Silversea TA please message me and I will forward one of Florida top agents.

Hi All

First thank you all for the advice about the flights. I did ask my TA ( who is a former winner of UK Cruise Agent of the year), to try and price flights but as Silversea waited until 17.45 on Friday to tell her that they would not do the flights why oh why do they have this I have asked her to try and I myself have checked both ba with iberia and klm but the transit times are either too big or small. I am sure we will work it out.

If you have any more thoughts please post

thanks

Joe

When we looked we decided that the easiest for us was the Madrid connection. We were going to fly to Madrid in the afternoon and connect to Iberia the following morning. We thought an extra £100 for the hotel was insignificant in the grand scheme of things.....and it avoided Miami[emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk