11:45 pm departure out of Aruba

cstiv

We are sailing on a 7 night Southern Caribbean cruise out of San Juan in two weeks and someone on our roll call pointed out that they had changed the departure from Aruba from 7:45 to 11:45 pm. All the the other departure are at 4:45 and I assumed that was because we had a sea day after Aruba so we had plenty of time. Any insight on why we are leaving so late? Does this mean they probably won't have Pirate night or one of the live shows that night? Finally, any idea what night we would have Pirate night? Thanks.

We've had lots of late departures from various ports. It gives guests and some CMs more time on the islands if desired. No, a late departure night will not be pirate night typically as the ship needs to be a certain distance from land for the fireworks. Typically there are live shows 6 of the 7 nights; these may or may not occur on a late departure night, particularly since you have 2 late departures. There are 3 Broadway style shows and typically either a repeat of one of the more popular shows (this is recent, not sure why they are doing it) or a variety show on the other nights, often a movie on the night without a live show.

Bottom line--activities on the ship usually continue on the same schedule as normal. Each guest can make a choice whether they wish to enjoy happenings on the ship or explore the night life on the island. As to when pirate night is scheduled, this should be posted on DCL as part of the information for your cruise. As always, it is subject to change due to weather or sea conditions.

It is on the page that shows any excursions, adult dining, and other reservations you may have booked. It is there even if you have not booked anything. The sail away party will also be listed there. It used to be called "My cruise plans" or something similar, although the title may have changed.

Night 1- Standard Rotational

Night 2- Prince and Princess (formal)

Night 3- Standard Rotational

Night 4- Captain's Gala (semi-formal) lobster night

Night 5- Pirate menu

Night 6- Standard Rotational

Night 7- 'till We Meet Again

Night 1- Standard Rotational

Night 2- Prince and Princess (formal)

Night 3- Standard Rotational

Night 4- Captain's Gala (semi-formal) lobster night

Night 5- Pirate menu

Night 6- Standard Rotational

Night 7- 'till We Meet Again

Thanks, is this specifically for the Jan 21 cruise on the Wonder? Also, where did you get this info?

We are on the 28th but I'm pretty sure that the itinerary is identical. I think that the 14th sailing doesn't leave Aruba until 2:30am. I mentioned to my husband that the time changed and that we should do something that day. He said that it didn't matter because we needed to be on the ship for dinner anyway. lol

I found the information on the group sailing FB page.