DVD question

fb0075

I may be mistaken but I believe all of the DVDs have been phased out in favor of on demand - probably switched out as the ships have been refurbed. Thus, Mariner may still have DVD but again I am not 100% sure. If you just watch an occasional movie the on demand may be sufficient for you. I generally do not watch much if any on the ship but last time I took a look and was surprised at the relatively low number of newer movies available. But, I may not be representative as we consume a huge amount of media at home with multiple streaming and on demand services as well as the occasional redbox rental. There is generally so much on the ship to keep us occupied that I don't miss watching.

Perhaps those cruising right now and blogging may be able to check and answer the question with certainty.

Good points! It is hard to believe that DVD's are on their way out but apparently they are. To be honest, we rarely watch television while on the ship as we find it a waste of time (we can watch television at home). However, we had so much time on our last cruise that we watched a few movies and were surprised at how few movies were of interest. We started one movie and saved it. Two days later we wanted to resume the movie and it was no longer offered.

Anyway, does anyone know if there are still DVD's in the library? I'm thinking that people could bring portable DVD players and watch movies in their suites.

Anyway, does anyone know if there are still DVD's in the library? I'm thinking that people could bring portable DVD players and watch movies in their suites.

I don't remember seeing any DVDs or other optical media on board, but then again, I'm not that much into TV and movies so I didn't look that closely. I know they had some a few years ago but I don't recall seeing any since about '15 or so?

I think your best option for watching movies on board would be to bring an iPad or computer with movies preloaded on it and just stream them to the TV. To be honest, though, I don't really know the best solution for watching movies on board...I'm sure an iPad/Apple TV or Fire TV or something like that would be feasible?

I can't criticize people for watching movies on board by saying "You can watch movies at home" because I read books on board, and well, I can read books at home, too. Not in a nice lounger by the pool with people bringing me drinks while I enjoy a nice warm breeze, but still... :D

Hi all. We were just on the Explorer in a F2 cabin and I looked at connecting a any device through a HDMI input.

1- I am sure that there are inputs but without removing the TV from the mounting bracket you can't access the connector of the TV.

2- The menu on the Regent information system will let you switch between 3 inputs but like I said at least in our cabin you can't get to them.

Hi all. We were just on the Explorer in a F2 cabin and I looked at connecting a any device through a HDMI input.

1- I am sure that there are inputs but without removing the TV from the mounting bracket you can't access the connector of the TV.

2- The menu on the Regent information system will let you switch between 3 inputs but like I said at least in our cabin you can't get to them.

We were on the Explorer her in November and December. We were in a D suite and I am pretty sure that the TV is the same in those suites as in the F2 suites. It took me a while to find them but there were accessible input connectors on the back, right side of the TV. The connectors were not on the outside edge but were slightly recessed.

Dave, just wondering if you had a room that was the mirror image meaning that the right side in our suite was on the hinge side. If your hinge was on the left side of the TV I can see where it would be more accessible. Don't think I did a good job of explaining this !

Dave, just wondering if you had a room that was the mirror image meaning that the right side in our suite was on the hinge side. If your hinge was on the left side of the TV I can see where it would be more accessible. Don't think I did a good job of explaining this !

Captjohn, you explained it perfectly. We were in 728 and the hinge was on the left side. So if you want access to the TV inputs, in a F through D suite on the Explorer, you want a port suite with the bathroom and closet on the left as you enter or a starboard suite with the bathroom and closet on the right as you enter.