Coral Princess LA to Ft Lauderdale Feb 4 - Weather and Seas

The Big Lebowski

Anyone know the typical seas from LA down to Panama Canal. How bumpy is it? I have no problem but going with friends that might have a problem if we're moving around a lot.

My motto is to stay as intoxicated as I can and you never know...... HAHA (kidding). I've got good sea legs.

We sail out Feb 4th

Just wondering for them.

There are a couple of live-from threads on other boards currently reporting rough weather in that region with several missed calls in Costa Rica (Puntareanas/Puerto Caldera). As for three weeks from now, your guess is as good as mine. But expect the first couple days out of LA to be quite cool and breezy until south of the Baja Peninsula.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

The Pacific can be rough depending on the time of year, weather and what mother nature wants to do. Luckily when we did the LA to PE cruise, we had excellent weather with little rock and rolling except for the ship band. :D

I have done this voyage several times. Each was different. There was one time that the seas were glassy all the way down to Panama. Even the Captain had said it was very unusual.

At least you are going in the right direction. Going south on the Pacific is a lot easier than going north.

That's the whole reason I picked North to South originally (for my friends).

I was on a LA to Puerto Vallarta Mexican Riviera cruise back in the day and on our way back it was STORMY. The entire ship was empty the last night coming back from Cabo. Me and my buddy were the only two out at the bars...... everyone in they're cabins.

"Drinking rum before noon doesn't make you an alcoholic, it's make you a PIRATE!!!!!! rrrrrrrrrrr

The Pacific is anything but pacific! :D It really is a crap-shoot. You just never know what you're going to get at that time of year. We've had everything from 18' seas to 1' seas. Lots of wind to no wind. Typically speaking though, it's rougher until you get past Cabo. Have your friend take a Bonine BEFORE the ship leaves the pier for the cruise (like an hour or two before).

That's what I think I'll tell them.

FYI - Meclazine was recommended to me a long time ago from a good friend that is an avid deep sea fisherman. Take it the night before you even get on the ship and then follow with the regimented dosage. I've done that myself when going on rough fishing boat trips. Works like a charm. No drowzyness either. Straight Meclazine. No substitutes.

Anyone know the typical seas from LA down to Panama Canal. How bumpy is it? I have no problem but going with friends that might have a problem if we're moving around a lot.

My motto is to stay as intoxicated as I can and you never know...... HAHA (kidding). I've got good sea legs.

We sail out Feb 4th

Just wondering for them.

Hi

We are also on that cruise and I always get sea sick. I plan on taking Dramamine but looking for Bonine as I have heard it does not make you drowsy. On our Regal cruise across the Atlantic to Europe I was so groggy the first 5 days I felt drugged. Finally stopped the Dramamine and felt so much better. Of course, maybe the alcohol contributed to the drowsiness (ha ha). Read the post about Meclazine but anything along with BP meds scares me. After reading the posts I will definitely take the Dramamine even if it makes me goofy. Have fun, hope your friends don't get sea sick. We are in Santa Clarita, where in LA are you?

BTW - most sea sickness meds have Meclizine in them. It's the other stuff that makes them drowsy..... Bonine and Dramamine. Never liked them. Straight Meclizine doesn't do that. The wife couldn't find it at Longs anymore. I ordered some on Amazon.

Drink ginger ale and eat raw ginger. It works GREAT too.

IF you read the ingredients you will see that Meclazine is the ingredient in the brand name Bonine. It is also in the brand name Dramamine II the NON drowsy kind. All 3 meds(Bonine, Dramamine II, and the generic Meclazine ) are the same medicine!

We sail out Feb 4th

Just wondering for them.

It’s going to be choppy pretty much all the way to FLL.

Drink up.

Good luck, and pray for smooth seas.

We have almost always had rough seas between between San Pedro and Cabo and the weather will probably be cool.

Only one time did we have rough seas between Cabo and Puerto Vallarta.

Our one full transit was easy to west. We were in the Sanctuary each of the five northbound days without a lot of motion most of the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 5 weeks later...

Just got back from this cruise and we had wonderful weather. Mostly smooth except just before the Panama Canal and the two days after. And a little windy for those two days also. I have motion sickness but no problem that my sea bands didn't handle. Our cabin was midship but ate in the buffet at the front of the ship and attended events in the princess theater.

Sent from my iPad using Forums