Shuttle to Port Canaveral

stepkar

Several of the hotels offer a transportation package with a one night stay. There are many shuttles; I can't say which is the best. Cocoa Beach shuttle, RJ's shuttle, and one I'm not remembering the name of are right up there. In addition, there are towncar and limo services. The cheapest way to get there is a one way car rental (you rent at MCO and drop off at a location near the port); they have a free shuttle to the port.

Try Cortrans. We like them and they are well recommended on these boards. $20 per person one way. Of course you can also get a round trip as well dropping you at the airport or back to the hotel if you are staying after the cruise.

Just to throw it out there. If you are staying at or really near the airport, there is always DCL. The only reason I mention them too is the number of people you need transportation for. If you can get back to the airport easily enough, you give DCL (near Magical Express) your luggage when you get there and next time you see it, it is in your stateroom. This way you don't have to deal with all that luggage at the port itself, which I think is a plus, especially with 13 of you guys! It costs $35 a person which is added onto your reservation and you pay it when you pay your final payment.

We are using this service as we are staying at their preferred hotel in the airport and they pick up our luggage from our room and next we see it is in our stateroom. So nice and then we start our Disney experience early on the DCL bus!!

Have a great cruise!

Pooh

I should have mentioned that there are 13 of us(8 adults, 5 kids)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

for a party of 13 I would SERIOUSLY consider a 'limo' or similar private transfer. A limo service will charge by the hour rather than per person

doesn't this

big.jpg

in1.jpg

or this

big.jpg

in3.jpg

look like more fun than a regular big van or bus?

either seats 18 (next smaller is a 12 seater .....) and they pull a trailer for your bags .... CORTRANS at $20 pp is how much? Cruiseline transfers usually cost more. Wanna rent vans? I didn't think so.

http://hotrayzlimos.com is just an example ..... there are folks that can rent a simpler 'private bus'

Edited by Capt_BJ

I should have mentioned that there are 13 of us(8 adults, 5 kids)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

For 13 of you, I'd definitely price out a private towncar/limo service and compare it to the Cortran's shuttle. There are again, lots of good limo services. Happy Limo and Fl Tours have been around for ages, although there have been some management changes. Both offer good service.

I'd also eyeball car rentals - even round trip if you are on a 3 or 4 night cruise. Weekly rates + parking charges for a family of 4 can be cheaper than a shuttle, and a heck of a lot more flexible.

OP said they are a group of 13! Yes, I agree that a car rental is usually the best value for a small group, but 13 wanting to stay together will likely find a commercial shuttle/limo/whatever to be the best plan.