Grand Princess 10 night patters & photos

Sheebah

Hey everyone - we’re late with this review considering this cruise was months ago, but I finally got around to scanning patters (eek!) so here goes.

The 10 night itinerary is a big improvement over the seven night Alaska experience. I really enjoy the extra time even if it’s mostly spent at sea. The Dining And room stewards were exceptional on this sailing. We would see our room steward exercising during the daylight hours which I found surprising- I have no idea how he had energy left after cleaning all the rooms in our section. LOL.

We had sunny beautiful weather in Ketchikan and went to the Alaska rain forest sanctuary and on the bear walk. I recommend a bug spray if you’re going to go on this excursion.

In Juneau we did a tour which combined the salmon bake, whale watching tour, and mendenhall glacier. It was beautiful but a bit rushed. At the end of that tour we still had extra time so we ventured up the Mount Roberts tram and went for a hike. It was beautiful and dramatic. A little bit too pricey, but the views were worth it.

In Skagway we took the train. It was the highlight of our journey. I would do it again and again - even on a rainy cloudy day.

In Victoria we didn’t have much time so we opted for high tea at the Pendray teahouse at the Gatsby mansion. More affordable than tea at the empress and a lovely experience.

The food was above average. My favorite menu item was on the second to last night- Crab legs. A giant heaping bowl of them, halved and ready to peel the meat from. Incredibly high quality- aah! So wonderful. You know how some people order multiple lobster tails? I would’ve been the girl asking for another bowl of crab, if I wasn’t stuffed!

Overall it was a delightful cruise. We booked an inside cabin and well we missed having a balcony we saved a few thousand dollars and enjoyed the back terrace attack near the adults only pool when we needed to escape for some fresh air.

Here are the patters and a few photos :-)

http://www.cruisetipstv.com/download-grand-princess-patters-10-night-alaska-cruise/

9d448015460013001aef856c87f54add.jpg75729df0f877309fcc0b318ded25a837.jpge712fc025837570443941c2d403ef62d.jpg1054726721c61b640878838ae066de03.jpg03d3c5d9b3a3a56f4d86ec44c841e2b8.jpge45b92849b6c639262f29ca19b6506c6.jpg

Looking at booking this for 2019....we are royal cruisers so I don’t know much about the ship. Is there an enclosed area like the solariums on royals ships? I would think that’s a must for an itinerary into Alaska. An place to lounge where it’s warm to read a book and see the scenery on sea days?

Sheebah,

May I ask what is the latest time we’d be allowed to stay on the ship on disembarkation day in SF? We are used to being booted off quite early on X and wondered if it was the same on Princess? Our scheduled arrival time in SF is 7am. Additionally, how far is the airport (SFO) from the cruise terminal? Our flight is looking likely to be late afternoon and we’re trying to plan our day. TIA :).

Sheebah,

May I ask what is the latest time we’d be allowed to stay on the ship on disembarkation day in SF? We are used to being booted off quite early on X and wondered if it was the same on Princess? Our scheduled arrival time in SF is 7am. Additionally, how far is the airport (SFO) from the cruise terminal? Our flight is looking likely to be late afternoon and we’re trying to plan our day. TIA :).

It varies by sailing but I’ve seen people off as late as 9:30-11am. Sf airport is about 30 min without traffic - more with traffic (usually more like 45-60 min)

See you on the high seas!

Hello Sheri! I watch your videos quite often! Me and Dw will be in Alaska in Aug 2018 and hope to have a GREAT time! Thanks again!

Ah, thanks so much! Wishing you a wonderful cruise!

0aef616f74a8cbee5b6a065f01727020.jpg

Looking at booking this for 2019....we are royal cruisers so I don’t know much about the ship. Is there an enclosed area like the solariums on royals ships? I would think that’s a must for an itinerary into Alaska. An place to lounge where it’s warm to read a book and see the scenery on sea days?

There is one covered pool area (very nice) and a separate sanctuary that is adults only- two separate areas but nice. This full ship video may help:

Grand Princess Ship Tour

Thanks for posting; we’re on the same cruise this August and really looking forward to it ;).

I will be sailing in August and I have questions due to the age of the Grand

My question is are the repairs to the stairs done?????? I had a large group planning on going and now that we picked this ship they are cancelling due to this issue. It makes the wait for the elevator longer if a staircase is not available. Can anyone respond to this????????? I love the itinerary, so I am still planning on going even if its a older ship and we have to walk to the other side of the ship to get to the stairsclear.png?emoji-eek-1725. Wondering if they are doing any major repairs on our vacation, can anyone answer????

Your dessert looks divine!! Drooling already...

I will be sailing in August and I have questions due to the age of the Grand

My question is are the repairs to the stairs done?????? I had a large group planning on going and now that we picked this ship they are cancelling due to this issue. It makes the wait for the elevator longer if a staircase is not available. Can anyone respond to this????????? I love the itinerary, so I am still planning on going even if its a older ship and we have to walk to the other side of the ship to get to the stairsclear.png?emoji-eek-1725. Wondering if they are doing any major repairs on our vacation, can anyone answer????

Your dessert looks divine!! Drooling already...

I want aware the stairs were out of commission? We didn’t notice any issues

• 1 month later...