Cruising after having a gastric sleeve.

Sewingbear2

Hi. I was sleeved in December and I’m about to go on my first post op cruise in August. I have a few friends who have done it and said it’s really not that difficult. One friend does the buffet for breakfast and lunch and just orders an appetizer for dinner which will probably be what I will do.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We cruised three month's after DH's procedure last year. He did great. We stayed away from the buffet (which we never really cared for anyway). DH sometimes asked for an extra plate with his meal and moved away any food that was in excess of what he was allowed for the meal. We carried protein bars with us, especially in the ports.

Is there anyone out there who has been sleeved?

Sort of (DS = switch + sleeve). Do you have questions?

Only you control what you eat. If you're worried, stay away from the buffets. Dining room should be able to accommodate any concerns you might have.

I had my surgery 15 years ago and have cruised regularly for the last 10 years. Never an issue.

Had RNY in December and cruises in May. Had no problem with either Blu, Luminae or the MDR. We did request a table for 2 and we were traveling alone and did not want to disturb the flow of the meal to our fellow diners. My DH is not a big eater so we were able to orderapos as mains most nights and push away as soon as we were finished.

By DH loves his ice cream and or pizza late at night so I would enjoy a green salad and some meat or cheese after the shows. I am not a big drinker and I was able to put protein powder and skim milk in my own stainless steel cup and take it wherever I went. I would also drink some flavor of nectar protein powder mixed with unsweetened ice tea and it quenched my thirst just fine.