re meat pies

Spot on Uncle Les, just a bit lighter in the pocket for the experience.I see you went to Duxford, awesome place the B52 on show there is worth the ticket price.Hope you didn't go near the A13 in Essex, it's patrolled by a Mafia affiliated plumber I believe.clear.png?emoji-winktongue-1704

LOL,retired now,sold the van.When they flew that B52 in,they had to close the Motorway as the runway was just about long enough.Cheers,Brian.

• 2 weeks later...
Yes Mic rather tasty fare.I believe the Tassie recipe for a good pie is 20% Beef 80% Roadkill; local skippies mainlyclear.png?emoji-wink-1685

Last year I was in Tasmania and ate a delicious wallaby pepper berry pie:D. They assured me the meat was 100% wallaby;p. The day before I finally got to try the famous Tassie scallop pie and it really lives up to the hype:hearteyes:.Cooking it with the roe is probably the key as it makes the pie really rich. The place we ate at also had a salmon pie sauced in creamy mornay:cool:.

Last year I was in Tasmania and ate a delicious wallaby pepper berry pie:D. They assured me the meat was 100% wallaby;p. The day before I finally got to try the famous Tassie scallop pie and it really lives up to the hype:hearteyes:.Cooking it with the roe is probably the key as it makes the pie really rich. The place we ate at also had a salmon pie sauced in creamy mornay:cool:.
All of which sound delicious, especially the scallop pie..:D

• 3 weeks later...
I'm in mourning. On Monday Darby's Pies closed their doors for the last time. Now in receivership or possibly liquidation owing bank about $3M.

When they went into receivership it was about $1m debt, so things didn’t go too well.

A lot owed to the tax office too. It’s the 120 staff I feel for, probably wait forever for their entitlements.

• 1 month later...
On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 8:26 AM, GUT2407 said:

When they went into receivership it was about $1m debt, so things didn’t go too well.

A lot owed to the tax office too. It’s the 120 staff I feel for, probably wait forever for their entitlements.

Selling their pies too cheap? 

The very best GF pies, meat and apple, wonderful, from Gluten Free Bakery based in Qld, but they retail their pies in many IGA stores.  They have perfected their pastry and fillings.

glutenfree.gif

Edited by NSWP

2 hours ago, NSWP said:

Selling their pies too cheap? 

That was an issue at one stage, when they first got in financial trouble a few years back they introduced a $1 pie and traded therecway back into the black, but prices crept up and sales dropped and they didn’t stay on top of their tax liabilities.

9 hours ago, richstowe said:

The should have saved money on the ingredients like Mrs Lovett

img_7585.jpg

They look nice, but one would have to go to Montreal to sample same. I like the little dents in the top, the tomato sauce would settle nicely in those.    Tommy Horton would sell a lot of those if they stocked them.  

That pie is a work of art. Thanks for posting my friend.