Luggage tags packet ...

mnsweeps

Apart from the luggage tags , is there anything important I need to carry / sign in the packet that came by mail? I already did online check-in and have the signed copy of the check-in signature form.

Just bring the packet and contents. Save time later.

ex techie

I really want to cut down on unnecessary paperwork I am carrying... I checked and there is nothing important except for the luggage tags.

Check again.

That isn't to say they cannot re-print the forms for you to sign at the port check in.

But as above, bring them all to save time :)

ex techie

If you have done the on line check in, you need only to bring the signature form for the contract and the financial responsibility form. These can be printed from home...or if you show up without them, it will take the CM a few extra minutes to print a copy for you.

There is nothing necessary in the mailed package other than the luggage tags and a copy of the minor permission to travel form (if you are taking a minor who is not your child).

There is stuff in the mailing that can make your life easier--a schedule of anything you've booked in advance, cards telling how to contact the ship from a shoreside phone (these you give to anyone who you deem to be necessary), etc.

Apart from the luggage tags , is there anything important I need to carry / sign in the packet that came by mail? I already did online check-in and have the signed copy of the check-in signature form.

On our last cruise, they asked to see the booklet before allowing us access to the port/terminal area.

They did that to us in Barcelona too' date=' BUT they attached a letter to the packet that warned us in advance that we would be required to show it. This was several cruises ago and we haven't needed it since.[/quote']

We've had to show the actual booklet in San Pedro, San Diego, and Barcelona. I can't recall whether we did or not at Port Canaveral.

When we drive into the port, we show the booklet and our passports (or hand them to the security or port attendants, as appropriate) which speeds our movement to drop off the luggage before parking the car, as well as when we get off the escalator in the building - it speeds recognition and directions to the appropriate check-in line.

WHAT !! Thats ridiculous..
I suppose it's to confirm that we are allowed to be in the port area. Security is important.

Absolutely Shmoo.

I guess it also stop the families of those that have driven to the port showing up to wish the Guest's farewell.

Personally, I don't see a problem with it.for not just them, but everyone else if they did, and printed out the necessary parts and brought them as well.

ex techie

A couple of years ago in San Pedro, they didn't ask. That said, as long as there's a clear warning to bring it, it doesn't bother me much. No matter how many times I read those packing tips, we always overpack. A booklet isn't going to make a difference to us.

• 2 years later...

On a short cruise is it easier to carry your carry-on onto the ship or is it easier to give it to the Porter and have it delivered to your room .

Never sale Disney before what is your experience on when you’ll receive your luggage

On a short cruise is it easier to carry your carry-on onto the ship or is it easier to give it to the Porter and have it delivered to your room .

Never sale Disney before what is your experience on when you’ll receive your luggage

Disney rarely goes on sale, but if you are sailing....luggage is typically delivered between 2 and 5. If all you have is a carry on, just take it with you. The only issue is that cabins aren't ready till 1:30, so you'll have to roll it around until then.