Special requests

cltdad

You can request a server or a rotation, but not both. If you put in both requests, it just confuses them as they have no idea which is more important to you and your chosen server may not be on the rotation you want. What you can do is to request a rotation and then go to dining changes to see if your preferred server is on that rotation (or even on the ship), and if you can be seated with him/her.

You cannot request a stateroom attendant. They are assigned based on the location of staterooms. You get whoever is assigned to your section of cabins. Of course it is always nice to see someone who you enjoyed on a previous cruise. Even if you have the same stateroom, it is unlikely to be the same host.

Thanks. Any idea the current rotation options on the Fantasy?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

No, because honestly, I think worrying about a rotation is silly. I get that some people care about being in the fanciest restaurant of formal night or the tropical setting way back when we had "Tropi-cali" night. My logic is that everyone will have had the same opportunities for restaurants by the end of the cruise, and I'd far rather have my favorite server. And if my favorite is not on board, I've found a "back door" way to be sure I get someone good. We also have a favorite head server and Palo server...we will go to our favorite head server and ask him for someone wonderful on his rotation....or ask our Palo fav who is on board and great in the MDRs and then request that person. And ONE of our three favs has always been on board.

We requested a favorite server on our recent Alaskan cruise, making the request about a week before the cruise. The request was granted and he was superb, as always. We had to accept the rotation that he was on, which ended up being really good, starting in Tiana's Place which has become a favorite for us on the Wonder. We did reschedule our Palo dinner (also with our favorite Palo server) on a night where we were not in Tiana's Place. Bottom line: they will work with guests to accommodate your requests as best they can. I agree with Moki'smommy to focus on the server.

We are doing the Panama Canal cruise in a few months and will have the same MDR server, and our stateroom host tells us he will still be on the ship at that time, and expects to have the same section that we were in on our last cruise (we have the same stateroom). Our favorite Palo Server is moving to the Magic. We will be cruising on the Magic in 2019, and will reconnect with him there. We met him in 2007 on DCL's first Mediterranean cruise season, and he is a 20 year DCL veteran! Its nice to get to know crew over a long period of time. These are some good people.

We are doing the Panama Canal cruise in a few months and will have the same MDR server, and our stateroom host tells us he will still be on the ship at that time, and expects to have the same section that we were in on our last cruise (we have the same stateroom). Our favorite Palo Server is moving to the Magic. We will be cruising on the Magic in 2019, and will reconnect with him there. We met him in 2007 on DCL's first Mediterranean cruise season, and he is a 20 year DCL veteran! Its nice to get to know crew over a long period of time. These are some good people.

DCL is well known for promoting from within. Long ago, we had a favorite server. We would cruise about twice a year and always ask for him. Each time, we'd learn that the assistant from the previous cruise was not a server and usually had been moved to the Wonder. At that time it was customary to move to a different ship with a promotion as it avoided jealousy and "why did he get it and I didn't" issues. It's interesting that a 12 year old notices that "everyone XYZ trains gets promoted." Yup.

There is now a CM who is the head of dining on one of the ships. We met him originally when he was an assistant server.

So yes, if you do well and follow company policies, you can go far.

And of course there is Christiaan who started as a stage performer and is now shoreside head of all entertainment for the cruise line, Brent who we knew as a CD and is now general manager of California Adventure, etc.