Should I get a small portable chair for canal day?

cruiseagona

I cant stand for long periods of time. Was thinking of getting a portable fold up chair to use on canal day when everyone is standing around watching? Would that be worthwhile? I’ll be on the NCL Star if that makes a difference. Thanks.

I cannot imagine you'd be able to see much if you are sitting. I understand your limitations, but with so many people standing to see, I doubt you will see much, unless you are lucky enough to be in front . I stood for the first hour, and even then, because of the crowds, didn't get great views. Then I decided to walk around and find places with less crowds. The busiest place was the front of the ship. I was lucky that we had a balcony room and had the best views sitting on the balcony in peace and quiet.

That's right...if you're sitting, you will see the backside of your fellow passengers. Are you doing a full or partial transit? If it's a partial, then when the "excursion" folks get off the ship in Lake Gatun, you will have your choice of viewing areas for the return trip out of the canal.