Can you walk around the ship with a glass of wine from your stateroom?

caryatid

I'm trying to decide whether or not to bother with bringing a bottle of wine on our next cruise. We'll be in an inside cabin, so I'm not really interested in sitting in the cabin and having a glass of wine, so I was wondering if it was allowed to take the glass from the room and find a nice area out on the deck to enjoy a glass. I was thinking about buying these really cute acrylic wine glasses so I wouldn't have to worry about taking the glasses from the stateroom. I was also wondering if you could take a glass into the dining room? I know you can take the bottle into the dining room and pay a corkage free, but there is no way I would drink an entire bottle. I don't have a problem with paying the corkage fee, but if I didn't finish the bottle in the dinning room, would I be able to bring it back to my room?

Yes to two of your questions (taking an in-room poured glass of wine out about the ship and into the MDR). However if you did take the bottle to the MDR, I believe they will want to keep it for you for subsequent evenings (and charge you a corkage fee). I bolded "believe" as I think I've read that but never tried it.

That is no problem at all. My husband and I always open our bottle of wine in our room and then bring it to the MDR. They will offer to hold it for you until the next night. We have never been charged a corkage fee.

I would use their glasses (cabin steward will bring or just ask at bar) otherwise you are stuck carrying around your glasses or going back to room to put them back... but walk where u want with your wine...

I'm trying to decide whether or not to bother with bringing a bottle of wine on our next cruise. We'll be in an inside cabin, so I'm not really interested in sitting in the cabin and having a glass of wine, so I was wondering if it was allowed to take the glass from the room and find a nice area out on the deck to enjoy a glass. I was thinking about buying these really cute acrylic wine glasses so I wouldn't have to worry about taking the glasses from the stateroom. I was also wondering if you could take a glass into the dining room? I know you can take the bottle into the dining room and pay a corkage free, but there is no way I would drink an entire bottle. I don't have a problem with paying the corkage fee, but if I didn't finish the bottle in the dinning room, would I be able to bring it back to my room?

Absolutely you can! Enjoy your wine and your cruise. :)

No one is going to know where you got the glass of wine.

Not that it matters, but it's easy to tell "cabin glasses" as they don't give those glasses out at any of the bars (the cabin ones are quite large/wide, not your traditional looking wine glass - unless you're in a suite and have a selection of glasses). It just means that person has a cabin bar going :D

Not that it matters, but it's easy to tell "cabin glasses" as they don't give those glasses out at any of the bars (the cabin ones are quite large/wide, not your traditional looking wine glass - unless you're in a suite and have a selection of glasses). It just means that person has a cabin bar going :D

You do realize you can simply ask for wine glasses from your steward or any bar and they will provide them? No one is talking about drinking wine from the water glasses in the room.

One of the first things we always ask our steward is for wine and champagne glasses and a full ice bucket for my chardonnay...We usually just leave our bottle of wine in the dining room and finish it off the next night. I will never forget our first cruise when I told my brother we couldn't continue walking around the ship until I finished my drink...we were on the SS Majestic...Premier Cruise Line....long gone...he laughed at me and said I could take that drink anywhere I wanted to on the ship:p It was at that moment I knew I would love cruising:D

Surprised that no one pointed out that the contract prohibits drinking carry on wine in any dining area or bar (which is most of the ship since alcohol is served everwhere) without paying corkage fee. But everyone is correct that you can do it, the prohibition is not enforced. Good to know the official policy and the actual one.

(f) Beverage Policy: For safety reasons, Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on board with the following exception: At the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day, Guests (21 years of age and older) may carry on in their hand luggage, one 750 ml bottle of sealed/unopened wine or champagne per person. A $15 corkage fee (a charge exacted at a restaurant for every bottle of wine served that was not bought on the premises), per 750 ml bottle, will be charged should Guests wish to consume their wine or champagne in a main dining room, steakhouse or bar. Guests are also prohibited from bringing water, sodas and other non-alcoholic beverages on board that are packaged in bottles. A small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, juice, milk) packaged in cans or cartons may be brought on board on embarkation day, only if carried on in Guests’ hand luggage (not in checked luggage). A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces each or less per person. Any hard liquor, beer, other forms of alcoholic beverage, and non-alcoholic beverages, outside of the exceptions referenced above, are strictly prohibited (in both carry-on and checked luggage) and such items will be confiscated and discarded and no compensation will be provided. Alcoholic beverages purchased in the vessel’s gift shops or at a port of call will be retained by Carnival until the end of the voyage. Carnival reserves the right to refuse to serve alcohol to any passenger. Guest acknowledges that the minimum age permitted for the purchase, possession or consumption of alcoholic beverages aboard Carnival’s vessels is twenty-one (21). Guest agrees to supervise all persons under age twenty-one (21) under Guest’s charge to insure that they do not violate this, or any other, shipboard regulation. Guests who attempt to purchase alcohol by using false identification or the Sail & Sign card of a Guest who is twenty-one or older will be deemed in violation of this policy. Any Guest twenty-one or older who attempts to or purchases alcohol for any Guest under twenty-one will also be deemed in violation of this policy. Guest agrees that Carnival has the right to disembark any Guest who violates this policy and as well as any adults traveling with minors who violate this policy or any other shipboard regulation.

You do realize you can simply ask for wine glasses from your steward or any bar and they will provide them? No one is talking about drinking wine from the water glasses in the room.

I've seen plenty of people using the large glasses from the rooms, myself included when we've been in a hurry!

Your room steward and any bar will give you glasses. If you're going to drink it outside, any of those bars will give you plastic wine glasses. Ive seen a lot of people bring wine bottles to the Dive In movies and enjoy it there.

You could use the water goblet glasses in the cabin to fill your glass up ( its like two glasses) and take it to the dining room if you don't want to chance them charging the corkage fee as sometimes they do and sometimes they don't.

Enjoy your wine around the ship.:)