Newlywed Game Questions

I have seen the newlywed - not so newlywed game on Carnival cruises a few times, but this time I am considering playing (or trying to get selected to play ;) ) on my next cruise. My concern is that some of the questions may be more than I want to answer in public -- I am sure my kids will be watching. :eek:

I was just wondering if anybody remembers what questions were asked on the newlywed - not so newlywed game. I am particularly interested in the more risque questions, but it might be fun to hear some of the others.

Can any recent cruisers (or those with good memory) help me out? :)

I was on in January. We weren't asked the whoopie question, believe it or not. The question about stepping out of the shower was asked, along with

1. Who was your husband's last girlfriend and why did he like her (or something to that effect).

2. What is your husband's grossest habit?

3. What animal does your spouse best resemble and why

4. What was the date of your first date

I'll have to watch the video again to remember the others. It was actually a lot more tame then I expected it to be from reading here! :)

your spouses, bad habits, last grilfriend,dress or bra size . have fun with it .we went to one were one couple refused to answer half the questions b/c "to personal" took the fun and joy completely out of the game for all. overall its great we have a great time its hilariously.:)

My husband just got back on March 8th - Carnival Elation. We were married 3/3 on the ship so we were invited to be on the game. I have a 10yr old son and would have no problem with him being there. They asked us ex-girlfriend, gross habit, where/when we met... It was alot of fun. They played it on the Carnival TV the whole trip and we became "mini" cruise celebrities.:rolleyes:

My husband just got back on March 8th - Carnival Elation. We were married 3/3 on the ship so we were invited to be on the game. I have a 10yr old son and would have no problem with him being there. They asked us ex-girlfriend, gross habit, where/when we met... It was alot of fun. They played it on the Carnival TV the whole trip and we became "mini" cruise celebrities.:rolleyes:

Well that certainly helps. I just hope I get picked now. Maybe I can pay off the CD. :eek: :D

If anybody has a video tape and they wouldn't mind watching again. It would be great if you could post some of the questions. :)

One ? Always asked. Where is the strangest place you and your spouse made whoopie?

I wonder how many people remember the when this question was ORIGINALLY answered on the Newlyweds show and WHY it never aired then ? :D

Best question i heard asked was on the Jubilee in the 80's

cruise director asked: When you wife bends over what do you see and think of ?

most gave the answer like I see a dump truck, or full moon.

the Best answer I heard was the youngest couple.

He said: I see a target for my arrow. LOL:p

I wonder how many people remember the when this question was ORIGINALLY answered on the Newlyweds show and WHY it never aired then ? :D

I remember, in fact, it has made the Most Outrageous TV Moments (or something like that) television shows. The woman obviously totally misunderstood the question. :eek:

One question I have seen asked at all the shows is:

If you husband were deserted on a desert island, who would you rather be on the island with him

A) A hooker

B) A Nun

Somehow, one always ends up with a hooker dressed as a nun!

Another question always answered is "When it comes to ugly, my wife's ______ is the ugliest I have ever seen!

I had this question when my DH and I were on our 1st cruise for our 10th anniversary and I came up with something that I could never show to my friend.

I said When it comes to ugly, my friend Laurie is! I turned 3 shades of red. Sorry, my friend isn't a beauty queen, but I should have thought of something instead of my friend!

I felt so bad, I wouldn't buy the video.

It was fun playing. We are now cruising to celebrate our 20th anniversary and guess who WON'T be playing but enjoying watching others make a fool of them selves!

In addition to the prior responses about "what type of questions do they ask?", I was asked, "what's the first thing your husband touches when he wakes up in the morning." Of course, the hosts and audience are expecting risque, if not "over the top" answers to all the questions. That's what makes it a hoot and one of the most well-attended shows on the ship. What killed the mood for me was spotting my 14 and 15 yr. old daughters in the audience, halfway through the show. Here I'd thought they were attending a function at the kids' club. Incidentally, after I spotted my kids, the answer to that question became the obvious . . . "the light switch in the bathroom." ahem.

We were on the Elation the week of our 25th anniversary. We too became mini celebs...not so funny however that we were known as the ones who made whoopie on the trampoline!:o :p

One question I have seen asked at all the shows is:

If you husband were deserted on a desert island, who would you rather be on the island with him

A) A hooker

B) A Nun

Somehow, one always ends up with a hooker dressed as a nun!

Another question always answered is "When it comes to ugly, my wife's ______ is the ugliest I have ever seen!

I had this question when my DH and I were on our 1st cruise for our 10th anniversary and I came up with something that I could never show to my friend.

I said When it comes to ugly, my friend Laurie is! I turned 3 shades of red. Sorry, my friend isn't a beauty queen, but I should have thought of something instead of my friend!

I felt so bad, I wouldn't buy the video.

It was fun playing. We are now cruising to celebrate our 20th anniversary and guess who WON'T be playing but enjoying watching others make a fool of them selves!

The first time I saw the show another answer choice for this question was "A missionary." The husband in the 50 years couple answered, "A hooker dressed as a nun in the missionary position." His wife then hit him with the clipboard and that was one of the greatest moments of the cruise.

We played this game on RCCL back in 2004 -- we were chosen as the "middle" couple.

The first question asked was what my husband's most annoying habit was. So I decided to make the answer funny, and say it waas laying around in his underwear with his hand down the front of it. Well, that had the audience rolling.

The second question was what was the fist thing that your husband grabs in the morning. And they came tome, expecting an outragous answer. So of course, I answered "Why, his alarm clock!" ;)

Stangest place ever made whoopie was asked... bra size... oh yeah - they asked my husband: "If you were stuck in traffic, which one of your wifes relatives would you LEAST like to be stuck in traffic with." -- we both answered the same person. Lets just say we don't show the video at family reunions. ;)

The first time I saw the show another answer choice for this question was "A missionary." The husband in the 50 years couple answered, "A hooker dressed as a nun in the missionary position." His wife then hit him with the clipboard and that was one of the greatest moments of the cruise.

That's the answer I've heard on every cruise I've been on where the newleywed game was played.

After you see it repeated it stops being funny. Knowing that some of the answers are staged kills it. It makes you start to wonder how much of the cruise is fake. It takes away from it knowing that the people who get on the ship after me will hear the same exact answers, then the people after them, and the ones after them...week after week. Every time the cruise director will pretend to laugh like he's never heard it before and every time the audience will explode with laughter. Week after week. Year after year.

You know how when you found out about the easter bunny being fake you felt stupid for every believeing it? It's sort of like that.

I went back and watched the video for you! :) Here were the 10 questions:

1. Where and when did you first meet?

2. On a scale of 1-10, rate your first kiss.

3. Two part question: Who was your husband dating before you and what did you hate about person (for the wife) and what did you love about her (for the husband)?

4. You haven't seen ugly until you've seen my wife's ______

5. What's your husband's most disgusting habit?

6. Where is your husband more macho? In bed, out of bed, or in his head?

7. When your wife bends over, what does her butt look like to you?

8. Your husband steps out of the shower, which of the following describes him? A dump truck, a stretch limo, or a little pink Volkswagen with two flat tires?

9. If you had a parrot in your bedroom, what would be his first words?

10. What animal best describes your husband and why?

Hope that helps!

With this game do they usually invite any couples who have gotten married on the cruise?

When they started asking for Newlyweds, they had us state the date we were married. Since we had been married that day, we played. They don't go all over the audience asking, so make sure you sit closer to the front so the CD can see you.

We definitely became mini-celebrities on the cruise. When we stepped on Cosol's van in St. Lucia the next day, the van full of 9 people, practically in unison, chimed "Hey, it's the guy who farts on his wife!" People stopped by our dining room table, stopped us in the buffet lines, in the elevator, you name it! :) It was a blast though.

I went back and watched the video for you! :) Here were the 10 questions:

1. Where and when did you first meet?

2. On a scale of 1-10, rate your first kiss.

3. Two part question: Who was your husband dating before you and what did you hate about person (for the wife) and what did you love about her (for the husband)?

4. You haven't seen ugly until you've seen my wife's ______

5. What's your husband's most disgusting habit?

6. Where is your husband more macho? In bed, out of bed, or in his head?

7. When your wife bends over, what does her butt look like to you?

8. Your husband steps out of the shower, which of the following describes him? A dump truck, a stretch limo, or a little pink Volkswagen with two flat tires?

9. If you had a parrot in your bedroom, what would be his first words?

10. What animal best describes your husband and why?

Hope that helps!

That is excellent, thank you!!!