non included excursion prices

HockeyMom44

You might get more detailed information if you identify which cruise you are taking. Prices on our two cruises have ranged from $49 a person, to $1099 a person. (To be fair, the highest price one was a diamond polishing experience in Amsterdam, and you got to keep the diamond. And no, we did not sign up for that!)

We have added a few optional excursions on both of our trips, and have generally paid from $49 to $99. We did pay $179 for an all day trip in Slovenia that included the unusual Predjama Castle and also the Postojna Cave complex, with a meal.

Check out these three links - which provides a good sampling of excursions prices for Viking Homelands (2016), Panama & Central America (2018), and France's Finest (VR - 2018)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pa8s1dkcdg6o333/Viking%20Homelands%20with%20Pre%20and%20Post%20Extensions%20%282016%29.pdf?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/myto1jyez7970xj/France%27s%20Finest%20-%20Day%20By%20Day%20%282018%29%20%20-%20Rev%207%20%28ToShare%29.pdf?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7vrjsmx3buviln8/Panama%20and%20Central%20America%20Excursions%20-%20Rev%203.pdf?dl=0

No Dropbox account required.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You might get more detailed information if you identify which cruise you are taking. Prices on our two cruises have ranged from $49 a person, to $1099 a person. (To be fair, the highest price one was a diamond polishing experience in Amsterdam, and you got to keep the diamond. And no, we did not sign up for that!)

We have added a few optional excursions on both of our trips, and have generally paid from $49 to $99. We did pay $179 for an all day trip in Slovenia that included the unusual Predjama Castle and also the Postojna Cave complex, with a meal.

We're doing Along the West Coast...Barcelona to Copenhagen !

To make it easier .. I just gathered all the prices together in a spreadsheet . Organized by Year, Cruise, Port, ShoreEx, and Duration. https://www.dropbox.com/s/j5d3sa891mn0jox/VikingShorexCosts.xlsx?dl=0 No DropBox account required to view or download. And .. yes.. will update this as we do more Viking cruises: have two more in the can.

To make it easier .. I just gathered all the prices together in a spreadsheet . Organized by Year, Cruise, Port, ShoreEx, and Duration. https://www.dropbox.com/s/j5d3sa891mn0jox/VikingShorexCosts.xlsx?dl=0 No DropBox account required to view or download. And .. yes.. will update this as we do more Viking cruises: have two more in the can.

Thanks for sharing this. We are doing our first VO cruise June 2019 - Viking Homelands. I’ve been curious about the price ranges of the optional tours, so this helps me tremendously with my excessive advanced planning as I await the official excursion release info!

Barcelona to Copenhagen is the same cruise as we had this June - Trade Routes of the Middle Ages. The only difference is that our last port was Bergen and yours is Copenhagen. Other than that those two are identical.

We leave on October 5 for Trade Routes of the Middle Ages, which is identical to your cruise except we do Bergen, Norway in place of Copenhagen (and we go in the other direction)!

I have access to all the current prices, but there are so many that it would be quite time consuming to post them all. I know the Honfleur excursion from Le Havre is $69, and the Full Day On Your Own in Bruges is $49. The Gaudi Architecture tour in Barcelona is $79. Those three are the optionals we are doing on this cruise. I do remember the tour of the Alhambra from Malaga is $199, but if you have never been I say it is worth every penny. The D Day Beaches tour and also the London Panoramic tour are around that same price.

Remember, the potential excursions you can view now may differ for your exact sailing. Are there any particular excursions you are interested in that I could check for you?

One last piece of advice. I don't know your cabin class, which determines when you will eventually be able to book excursions. We are in Veranda, so last to book. If tours that interest you are sold out at the time you can book, keep checking back. Things often change, as people change their plans or Viking adds additional buses. Two of our optionals were sold out when we first booked, but we were able to make the desired changes about two weeks later.

Edited by lackcreativity

Thanks for sharing this. We are doing our first VO cruise June 2019 - Viking Homelands. I’ve been curious about the price ranges of the optional tours, so this helps me tremendously with my excessive advanced planning as I await the official excursion release info!

Hopefully the excursion info along with this sheet will be useful to you even if it's 2 yrs old.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Here's what we did with costs on Homeland

Days 1 & 2 BERGEN28 MAY 29MAY SUN-MONOvernight -7 PM

Took included tour. Then walked to tram and took it up the mountain on our own saving $. I walked the 3.5 Km back down & to the ship.

Day 3 EIDFJORD/FLAM30 MAY TUE 7 AM - 7 PM TENDER

*** Full-day to Flåm6.5 HR 8AM - 2:30PM $189

LOVED this tour. Long bus ride but beautiful scenery stoping at waterfalls. Tunnels under the mountain are huge with Roundabouts. Tran ride gorgeous & fun.

Day 4 Stavanger 31 MAY WED 8 AM - 2 PM

* Pulpit Rock 3.5 HR 9:45AM- 12:45PM$159$59 Rodne

We should have done Rodne, right in front of the ship. Save your $.

Day 5 Alborg1 Jun THU 12:30 PM - 9 PM

** A Day In The Life of a Viking 2:15PM - 6:15PM 4HR$99

Not great but fun.

Day 6 Copenhagen2 JUN FRI 8:30 AM - 10 PM go on your OWN to Neuhavn canal boat tour far less $ than Viking

* Copenhagen City tour 3 HR9:30AM

*** Roskilde Viking Ship Museum & Cathedral 4.5 HR 1:30PM - 6 PM $99

Ship museum & grounds where they're building Viking ships with old tools were terrific. Recommended.

** Charming Coastal Copenhagen 4 HR 9:15AM - 1:15PM $69

Wife loved this tour.

Day 7 Berlin 3 JUN SAT 6 AM - 6:30 PMBlau Flotte small river cruise companywith cool small ships for 15E pp to and from Warnemunde to Rostock, roam Rostock return at leisure.

* Rostok Your Way 3 HR 2.5 HR 9AM Bus

*** Bad Doberan Minster & the Molli Railway 4.5 HRS 1:30PM - 6PM $89

Fun, relaxing tour as we saved Berlin for more time on our own

Day 8 Gdansk 4 JUN SUN 1 PM - 11PMDinner alone

* City of Gdansk City on Foot 3.5 HR 2PM - 5:30PM

*** Malbork Castle Tour 8 HR 1:30PM - 9:30PM$149

Wife loved the castle.

Day 9 5 JUN MON Cruise the Baltic Sea

Day 10 Tallinn 6 JUNTUE 7 AM - 3 PM

*** Palmse Manor House & Upper Tour Walk 7 HR7:30 - 2:30PM $99

Great tour! First walk upper Tallinn then visit National seashore park. Then Palmse Manor & grounds are beautiful. Tasty fun family style lunch at restaurant a short stroll from the manor.

Day 11 & 12 St Petersburg 7 & 8 JUN WED& THUR 7 AM Overnight 6 PM

***** TJ ToursPrivate 2 Day Tour + Swan Lake Evening Ballet

TJ tour OUTSTANDING!!!! BEST Tour EVER!!! Much less $ than Viking.

Day 13 Helsinki 9 JUN FRI 7 AM - 4 PM

* Panoramic Helsinki & Porvoo 4.5 HR8:30-1PM $59

OK at best .

Day 14 Stockholm 10 JUN SAT 9 AM Overnight…

** Vasa Museum & Stockholm by Boat 4 HR 9:30-1:30PM$189

You can do this on your own for a fraction of what we paid. We did get a nice lunch at a Swedish restaurant.

We leave on October 5 for Trade Routes of the Middle Ages, which is identical to your cruise except we do Bergen, Norway in place of Copenhagen (and we go in the other direction)!

I have access to all the current prices, but there are so many that it would be quite time consuming to post them all. I know the Honfleur excursion from Le Havre is $69, and the Full Day On Your Own in Bruges is $49. The Gaudi Architecture tour in Barcelona is $79. Those three are the optionals we are doing on this cruise. I do remember the tour of the Alhambra from Malaga is $199, but if you have never been I say it is worth every penny. The D Day Beaches tour and also the London Panoramic tour are around that same price.

Remember, the potential excursions you can view now may differ for your exact sailing. Are there any particular excursions you are interested in that I could check for you?

One last piece of advice. I don't know your cabin class, which determines when you will eventually be able to book excursions. We are in Veranda, so last to book. If tours that interest you are sold out at the time you can book, keep checking back. Things often change, as people change their plans or Viking adds additional buses. Two of our optionals were sold out when we first booked, but we were able to make the desired changes about two weeks later.

Thanks so much in advance.! If you could give me prices on these

we're Interested in ...Murcia,Spain....The Chefs table

Grenada,Spain.....Endless bounty in Andalusia

Porto,Portugal....Quinta de Avelada Winery

Portsmouth,UK...Journy along the Watercress line

Paris, France....The Louve and Panoramic Paris

AMSTERDAM....the best of Holland countryside

Copenhagen.....Food lovers tour

We're Interested in ..Murcia,Spain..The Chefs table $249

Grenada,Spain.....Endless bounty in Andalusia $99

Porto,Portugal....Quinta de Avelada Winery $69

Portsmouth,UK...Journey along the Watercress line (tour not available on our cruise)

Paris, France....The Louve and Panoramic Paris $149

AMSTERDAM....the best of Holland countryside $199

Copenhagen.....Food lovers tour (port not on our tour - we go to Bergen instead)

I hope this helps as you plan for your cruise.

Portsmouth,UK...Journey along the Watercress line (tour not available on our cruise)

Copenhagen.....Food lovers tour (port not on our tour - we go to Bergen instead)

thank you so much!!

Enjoy your trip, looking forward to reading your review.

which ship will you be sailing on?

in Spain the excursion is called The Kitchen Table, not the Chefs table does that make difference?

in Spain the excursion is called The Kitchen Table, not the Chefs table does that make difference?

I knew what you meant. The Chef's Table is the specialty restaurant on each ship with a chef's tasting menu every night. The Kitchen Table is the excursion in selected ports with a chef to a market followed by a cooking experience and meal. It seems that the Kitchen Table excursion is always $249, and the Chef's Table is free! (or should I say included in your fare?)

Our nearly identical version of your cruise begins Oct. 6 on the Viking Sun in Bergen, Norway, and ends in Barcelona. Really looking forward to it, and glad that I wandered into your thread so that I could be of help.