Royal Caribbean to Norwegian Loyalty Program

bluesapphire9817

Hello!

We have been loyal Royal Caribbean cruisers for awhile now. We have achieved Diamond status in their crown and anchor society. We have taken one Norwegian Cruise in the past and would like to take one again next year. Does Our Diamond status from RC transfer to Norwegian’s loyalty program? Or would we start at the bottom of their loyalty program and have to work our way up?

Thanks!

Hello!

We have been loyal Royal Caribbean cruisers for awhile now. We have achieved Diamond status in their crown and anchor society. We have taken one Norwegian Cruise in the past and would like to take one again next year. Does Our Diamond status from RC transfer to Norwegian’s loyalty program? Or would we start at the bottom of their loyalty program and have to work our way up?

Thanks!

You start at the bottom. They're totally different companies competing for your $$$ .

NCL and Royal Caribbean are two entirely different cruise companies. Royal will transfer loyalty to their other two lines: Azamara and Celebrity (not to TUI or Pullmantur). Status transfers, not points. With NCL you will be starting from the bottom, just as you did with Royal.

We think that RCI has the best reward program in the industry.

Having said that, we do not book based on reward program or cruise line. It is strictly itinerary, ship, and ship. But if it is a draw, and it has been once or twice, then we we look at the respective reward programs. We tend to favor RCI, Princess, Celebrity, and HAL. But we have done NCL, Carnival, and Crystal cruises.

What like the RCI rewards and the fact that our points are honored by Celebrity.

Hello!

Thanks!

Nope.

Diamond will give you Black Card on MSC, their top tier level.

You have to sail with MSC once every TWO years.

That's correct.

THREE years...

The MSC Voyagers Club contains five levels of membership: Welcome, Classic, Silver, Gold and Black. Each time you cruise with us, you will earn points which will enable you to raise your membership level: the more you cruise with us the more privileges you receive! he cruise card you receive on board on the first day of every cruise you take with us will also be your MSC Voyagers Club card. MSC Voyagers Club membership is valid for three years and subject to a minimum of one cruise every three years. If the last cruise disembarkation date is over 3 years or no cruise has been completed in 3 years after the enrollment date, membership will expire. For example: if the last disembarkation date is January 1, 2015 and no cruises are completed by January 1, 2018, the membership will expire. If the registration date is January 1, 2015 and no cruises are completed by January 1, 2018, the membership will expire. Should your membership expire, you must subscribe to the MSC Voyagers Club again. A new Club identification number will be assigned. Check out now your membership expiry date in the MSC Voyagers Club online private area!

Edited by davekathy

That's correct.

THREE years...

The MSC Voyagers Club contains five levels of membership: Welcome, Classic, Silver, Gold and Black. Each time you cruise with us, you will earn points which will enable you to raise your membership level: the more you cruise with us the more privileges you receive! he cruise card you receive on board on the first day of every cruise you take with us will also be your MSC Voyagers Club card. MSC Voyagers Club membership is valid for three years and subject to a minimum of one cruise every three years. If the last cruise disembarkation date is over 3 years or no cruise has been completed in 3 years after the enrollment date, membership will expire. For example: if the last disembarkation date is January 1, 2015 and no cruises are completed by January 1, 2018, the membership will expire. If the registration date is January 1, 2015 and no cruises are completed by January 1, 2018, the membership will expire. Should your membership expire, you must subscribe to the MSC Voyagers Club again. A new Club identification number will be assigned. Check out now your membership expiry date in the MSC Voyagers Club online private area!

I'm sure that I have read two years in Swedish, but now when I did a search I could only find the text in English and it's the same as you posted.

MSC have a lot of different rules depending on where you live, but 3 years is better then 2 and I'm not gonna complain about that ;-)

I know they are different companies but I thought they would want to match to steal my business to their company.

they have no need tp steal anyone away from any other line.

heck the Umbrella thats Carnival doesn't even grant cross loyalty benefits within its Fleet.

currently, only MSC is trying to woo customers by matching other lines' loyalty tiers to their own.

I'm sure that I have read two years in Swedish, but now when I did a search I could only find the text in English and it's the same as you posted.

MSC have a lot of different rules depending on where you live, but 3 years is better then 2 and I'm not gonna complain about that ;-)

Just wanted to share with others that MSC Voyagers Club membership has an expiration if you are not actively sailing with them unlike other cruise line.

Diamond will give you Black Card on MSC, their top tier level.

You have to sail with MSC once every TWO years.

But if you read what benefits Black offers, it really isn't much to get excited about. Not a real strong loyalty program IMO compared to RCI and Celebrity - which as mentioned are reciprocal with benefit tiers.

And as already confirmed, to reaffirm, it is every three years with MSC.