Geoblue Update- FYI for Washington State

nini

Holy Cow!!! I have been waiting to book our Geoblue Travel Insurance for

our October trip- we wanted the annual Trekker plan. Well, AGAIN the state

of Washington is not eligible!!!!!

This happens occasionally (I called). If I had called BEFORE August 23, then it would have been ok.

So, you ask, why did I not purchase it before now? Because I am budgeting out travel dollars

and I knew that I could wait until October to do the purchase.

Soooooooooooo, thanks to our wonderful CC board, I have learned about Squaremouth and Insuremytrip. I have found some only ONE option that is valid for an Annual time frame like Geoblue. However, I have also found many options for a per trip basis. All look good and reasonable.

My question now is, has anyone heard of Tin Leg , IMG, Arch Roamright, Travel Insured, and there are numerous others.

Thanks!

Holy Cow!!! I have been waiting to book our Geoblue Travel Insurance for

our October trip- we wanted the annual Trekker plan. Well, AGAIN the state

of Washington is not eligible!!!!!

This happens occasionally (I called). If I had called BEFORE August 23, then it would have been ok.

So, you ask, why did I not purchase it before now? Because I am budgeting out travel dollars

and I knew that I could wait until October to do the purchase.

Soooooooooooo, thanks to our wonderful CC board, I have learned about Squaremouth and Insuremytrip. I have found some only ONE option that is valid for an Annual time frame like Geoblue. However, I have also found many options for a per trip basis. All look good and reasonable.

My question now is, has anyone heard of Tin Leg , IMG, Arch Roamright, Travel Insured, and there are numerous others.

Thanks!

I've read some problems about Tin Leg and Roamright in terms of difficulties collecting from claims, but have no personal experience.

However, we have used Travel Insured, and had several claims, including two large ones. They paid *promptly*, within about 2 weeks of getting the completed documents to them.

We did follow up to make sure that they had indeed received everything and nothing else was needed (or not that they were aware of at the time).

We will try to stay with Travel Insured whenever possible!

(We do get those policies from Trip Insurance Store, who have occasionally answered questions for us, and one time checked with Travel Insured on our behalf while we were overseas with an illness.)

GC

I'm also from Washington State and I to have looked into GeoBlue.

I actually wrote to the State Insurance Commissioner and asked why GoeBlue couldn't be sold in the State of Washington. They told me that they could, just choose not to. Then, as you saw, it could be sold, but I guess that agreement between the parties has expired.

I can only surmise that GeoBlue and the State have not agreed on the exact Terms and Conditions that would satisfy both parties.

I have gone with Travel Insured also for one off trips and you will be directed to a special policy for residents of Washington State.

klfrodo-

Thank you so much for response and "take action" attitude! Government- not exactly

a servant of the people. I appreciate your letting me know the inside scoop from

another fellow Washingtonian. I am grateful that there are other options.

Happy Sailing!

• 1 month later...

nini,

Did you ever find anything?

I went to TravelGuard website and found an annual policy for Washington residents.

The policy was very limited though.

Cancellation was on $2000

Medical was $10,000

Evac was $50,000

Found an Alliantz policy with the same limitations. These policies were around $400

Found a policy targeted to divers that is really nice

$10,000 Cancellation

$250,000 Medical and $500,000 evac

The price is a little high though at about $750

klfrodo-

We ended up going through the Trip Insurance Store and were able to get

policies (for Washingtonians) that we felt had very good coverage: 100K medical

and 1 million medical evacuation (each) plus some other additions. We paid a few dollars more

to have it be our Primary coverage. Even so close to our departure date, it was very

reasonable. We have other coverage (cancellation, etc,) through our credit card.

klfrodo-

We ended up going through the Trip Insurance Store and were able to get

policies (for Washingtonians) that we felt had very good coverage: 100K medical

and 1 million medical evacuation (each) plus some other additions. We paid a few dollars more

to have it be our Primary coverage. Even so close to our departure date, it was very

reasonable. We have other coverage (cancellation, etc,) through our credit card.

Was that an annual multi trip policy?

Or just a one time single trip policy?