can you see fish from the beach?

jetsfan526

hey guys, going to roatan in january and wanted to know if there are any places where u can go in from the beach and be able to see fish swimming around u from lets say waist deep water? not a big snorkeler but would like to see some fish at the beach without having to swim much.. any help would be amazing thanks guys!

West Bay beach area. HUGE coral reef just off the beach and tons of fish. You dont need to wade out very far and you'll see fish all over. If you bring some frozen peas then you'll be surrounded by fish. There are many day resorts up and down West Bay beach. Towards the southern end is the best area for fish, coral in waist deep water. There are lots of place along the beach you can rent snorkel gear for cheap and I highly recommend doing some snorkeling in this place. go out as deep as you want from waist deep to 10-20 feet and you'll see some of the best snorkeling in the Caribbean. The depth of the water very gradually gets deeper. I've been 50 yards off the beach and could still stand on my feet. I've been 100 yards off the beach and been in 10-20 feet of water. but the further out you go the better the fish and coral get.

West Bay beach in front of Bananarama dive resort.

P4210437_zpsdlmhz9au.jpg

fish. i'm in about 4-5 feet of water here.

P4210392_zpszeho08ne.jpg

lots of fish.

P4210426_zps7mdoy741.jpg

this is from waist deep water.

P4210373_zpsx9qtxqt2.jpg

P4210371_zpsgep1hfpy.jpg

P4210370_zps1sr9zxwn.jpg

more pictures here.

http://s3.photobucket.com/user/bhugo4x4/library/April%202016%20Carnival%20Cruise%20on%20Splendor/Cruise%20Day%205?sort=3&page=5

sorry about all the ads that pop up on photobucket page. their site is horrible for hosting photos anymore with the ads. i'm working on getting a new page going with another photo hosting site.