Help planning things to do in Tortola

vlapinta

We will be cruising on the Getaway and stopping in Tortola in April. We are a family of 6 adults. I have been reading these boards to get ideas on what to do. I see the Baths are popular but my concern is rushing to get there and back and not having a relaxing day because we don't have much time in port. I see the beach at Cane Garden Bay is a good option and easy to get there by taxi? My concern is getting back to the ship. Are there taxis at the beach to take you back to the ship?

Normally yes, several safari taxis will drop many of your fellow cruisers at CGB and return to pick them up. Currently the beach at CGB is closed due to contaminated water (probably from rains following the hurricanes). So just continue to follow the threads on TTOL that I posted a link to in another thread for updates on the beaches.

The Baths are open but I agree it's not as nice a day when rushed and also with there crowd from the ship.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't make any suggestions for places we like because many areas are still being rebuilt after Irma. Power is still out in many areas of Tortola and St Thomas as well.

Have you checked in on TTOL as recommended? If Marina Cay has re-opened that's a nice day but it did sustain damage from what I read. The Baths are an option. White Bay on Jost is open, is the Rebel Yell cat still operating and available through the ship?

• 2 weeks later...