Excursions

Cruisincraigy

We are new to cruising, this will be our first cruise. We will be departing from La Romana, in the Dominican Republic on the 24th Jan 2018 sailing on the Marella Celebration, our itinerary will be the Coral Islands cruise followed by the Caribbean Gems cruise back to back totalling 14 days.

We would like to book some excursions,but so far we have only looked at the excursions run by the cruise line. I would however like to look at some excursions which could be booked through independent operators.

Could anybody recommend any excursions of this type and where I could read about them

A guidebook is VERY useful...it will tell you all about your ports...points of interest, transportation, beaches, food/drink, shopping, and safety.....the more you know about your ports, the less likely you will NEED an "excursion". Many things are very easy to do on your own! Saves a bundle!

Please go to TripAdvisor. This site is wonderful and used by many cruisers that seek out private and reputable excursions. Many pictures of the itineraries and tons of reviews. The site is also the "sister" site of Cruise Critic. I RELY on it!!! Good luck to you and happy sailing.:cool: PS: I would not waste my time or money with tour books as the above poster suggests to everyone that asks this question. Everything in on the internet and has been for many, many years now. (and many books are "outdated".)

Edited by champagne123

Hi

As suggested, TripAdvisor is a good source for information, but you can also get great ideas by simple doing an internet search such as "best tours/best things to do in XXX", and then you can come back to this site and ask if anyone has had experience with any given company that you might be considering.

have a great cruise

To find your roll call

On the Boards home page, go to Cruise Lines A-O, or Cruise Lines P-Z, and JUST under that is a STAR with a link to Find Your Roll Call. Or, you can go down to another section of boards, just under River Cruises, called ROLL CALLS. You'll pick your cruise line, then your ship, then you'll need to search for the date of your roll call. Many times someone has already started one for your sail date. Post a reply to introduce yourself to your fellow cruisers. Have a great time!