Help Create a NEW "Cruising on Royal Caribbean FAQ"

:)Are the specialty dining restaurants always 50% off the 1st night? THANKS. :confused:

This is our first Royal cruise so I can't answer whether this is offered on all ships, but on our upcoming Oasis cruise we had an offer for the first night to pay $20 cover (50%) for "a specialty restaurant." As far as I could tell, you don't get to choose which restaurant if you take this offer, which I did not. Also we are over 4 months out from our sail date. . . even on our behemoth ship with lots of options I assume this offer has a max capacity and might not always appear for every cruise if it's sold out.

Hi all - first time RCL cruiser here, and a question about booking excursions. To fully reserve a spot, will I need to pay for that now, upfront ? Or does having the excursion in my shopping cart, reserve a spot ?

I'm asking as the majority of my previous cruises have been with Princess, and you don't need to pay upfront for an excursion reservation.

Thanks !!

Hi all - first time RCL cruiser here, and a question about booking excursions. To fully reserve a spot, will I need to pay for that now, upfront ? Or does having the excursion in my shopping cart, reserve a spot ?

I'm asking as the majority of my previous cruises have been with Princess, and you don't need to pay upfront for an excursion reservation.

Thanks !!

I’m pretty sure with RCI you have to pay for it up front.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks !!

Princess now requires you to pay within making the reservation .

Can’t answer for RCI.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 1 month later...

We are sailing in a few weeks on Allure of the Seas. Does Royal Caribbean allow you to bring over the door shoe organizers? Do you think they are extremely helpful or not worth bringing? It will be my husband and my two young children. Thank you!

Hi, I haven't sailed on Royal Caribbean for 8 years so hope someone can answer this -

How is disembarkation done if you are just getting off to get in a taxi and not on their bus transfer? Last time we had a bus transfer and had no time for coffee before we were directed out of our collection point? I do not need to be off early for a flight or anything.

Thanks.

If you want your suitcases to be taken off by RC crew you just leave your cases outside the cabin door the night before and you get assigned a disembarkation time (which you can usually change if you don't like it). If you want to take the suitcases off yourself you just get off within the time allotted to you.

If you want your suitcases to be taken off by RC crew you just leave your cases outside the cabin door the night before and you get assigned a disembarkation time (which you can usually change if you don't like it). If you want to take the suitcases off yourself you just get off within the time allotted to you.

Thank you for the information. I want to enjoy breakfast before I leave the ship and it seems I will be able to.

We are sailing in a few weeks on Allure of the Seas. Does Royal Caribbean allow you to bring over the door shoe organizers? Do you think they are extremely helpful or not worth bringing? It will be my husband and my two young children. Thank you!

I much prefer mesh shoe bags that weigh nearly nothing and some fairly strong hook magnets (from Amazon) to put in the grommets. The magnets adhere to the walls and you can hang the pockets where it is most convenient. I bring 2 for long cruises. They weigh next to nothing and take up very little room in suitcase. But over the door is ok, too.

Also important to us is the fact that plain coffee is typically available free most of the time at a self-service station somewhere on the ship - from zero dark thirty when we wake up until breakfast time, this is a must have for us. Our hack is that we fill our high quality insulated cups the night before and then the first cup of the morning is there on the dresser waiting for us.

It's been five years since our last cruise. We used to order coffee and Danish to the room from room service every morning to enjoy while getting ready for breakfast. I am guessing we can still do that.

• 2 weeks later...

For us, they aren't worth bringing: I coordinate everything around one basic color and take only one pair of "dressier" shoes, one pair of tennis/walking shoes, and one pair of shoes for going to the pool. My husband does the same. We don't mind having them on the floor of the closet. Your children, of course, add more shoes, though, so you might enjoy having a shoe holder.

We were on the Ovation of the Seas Singapore to Sydney cruise in November. The dress rules on formal nights were not universally observed or enforced so I sought clarification from RC. Here is a summary of the relevant portions of the email exchange (my highlighting):-

From RC: "While we understand the dress code impacts the fine dining atmosphere, we want everyone to feel relaxed and comfortable during their vacation. We encourage our guests to participate with our recommended dress code.

Unfortunately, we recognize that there may be instances when some guests might not adhere to our recommended dress code and cannot speculate on their specific circumstances.

My response: "As I will be cruising with RC again in March, and quite probably in July / August can you please confirm that the dress code is similarly relaxed on all RC cruise ships."

RC reply: "Our dress code on all ships is smart casual. We want everyone to feel relaxed and comfortable during their vacation."

Hope everyone finds this exchange useful :cool:

Thanks !!

You must pay immediately. Cancel up to a 48-hours prior to port arrival deadline.

Excursions can be booked online up to 2 full days before you departure. Example: May1st ends of April 28th. Even if an excursion is sold out online, you may still be able to book onboard on the first day.

If you scroll down the cruise planner page for shore excursions, there should be a link to print out the entire list.

Hi, I haven't sailed on Royal Caribbean for 8 years so hope someone can answer this -

How is disembarkation done if you are just getting off to get in a taxi and not on their bus transfer? Last time we had a bus transfer and had no time for coffee before we were directed out of our collection point? I do not need to be off early for a flight or anything.

Thanks.

Still the same. You'll get a departure number on your luggage tags and a list of anticipated departure times by number. The numbers themselves are for the most part not useful in predicting a time.

Windjammer is open. Not all departure points will have coffee on some ships.

Just booked the Liberty's April 22 cruise out of Galveston. We chose My Time Dining, and I've seen mention on this board of making reservations for dinner online before departure. Should we do that now? If so, how? We've already bought our beverage and internet packages; is there anything else we should be doing? Also, how early on the 22nd can we board the ship?

Just booked the Liberty's April 22 cruise out of Galveston. We chose My Time Dining, and I've seen mention on this board of making reservations for dinner online before departure. Should we do that now? If so, how? We've already bought our beverage and internet packages; is there anything else we should be doing? Also, how early on the 22nd can we board the ship?

Well, I figured out how to reserve dining, so now I'm looking for recommendations re the specialty restaurants as well as pros and cons to buying the "First Night Done Right" dinner.

Also trying to figure out registering for C&A - my husband did already; should I register separately? I've tried to add myself to his but keep getting an error message.

Finally, also still wondering about what time we can board the ship on the 22nd. We'll be driving down that day and probably won't be able to get there until 11:30 or later, also thinking about having lunch in Galveston before we board.

Thanks!!

Royal Caribbean Cruises Limited (RCCL)

On RCCL: Per the Can vs. Fountain Soda Package(s): [FSP/FSPs]

Per the Can: Soda is $2.25 & Room Fridge 15% Tip Included

U.S.A. Funds before 15% Tip $1.95 U.S.A. Funds

FSPs [incl. 15% Tip]:

[18+] Adult $6/Day U.S.A. Funds.

[17 & under] Child/Kids $4/Day U.S.A. Funds.

No Tax Added for FSP/FSPs: Purchased via RCCL’s website &

Purchased @ sea in international waters

Tax Added for FSP/FSPs:

If purchased while @ port on day #1.

Included in the FSP is the following:

Thermos Cup(s) for the Soda, you get to KEEP For both Kids & Adults; a Coke sticker (Or Coke Brand) on your Sea-Pass card.

If you purchase the fountain soda package(s) on the ship.

Or...

Thermos Cup(s) for the Soda, you get to KEEP For both Kids & Adults; As well the written Coca-Cola logo will be integrated into your Sea-Pass card in the lower left hand corner; The Thermos Cup(s) WILL be placed in your room ahead of time your Thermos (es) [insulated Mug(s)] will be placed in your Stateroom inside of a plastic sleeve(s) plus there will be a paper indicating how many people in your stateroom have pre-ordered the FSP/FSPs.

If you order the FSP via RCCL’s website after booking with them via Royal Caribbean's websitethe FSP price will be listed in Local Funds NOT per day BUT the total amount for the cruise.

Re: Ship Purchasing of FSP/FSPs

If you purchase the FSP on board ship a Coke sticker or Coke brand will be placed on your Sea-Pass card or your child's depending on who it is ordered for; as for the thermos cup(s) you will have to take you from the area they have set up for FSPs sales or they will give it to you after you sign the receipt for the FSP/FSPs.

FSP Pricing Adult [18+]:

$34.50 USA Funds for 5 Days

$41.40 USA Funds for 6 Days

$48.30 USA Funds for 7 Days

$55.20 USA Funds for 8 Days

$62.10 USA Funds for 9 Days

$69.00 USA Funds for 10 Days

$75.90 USA Funds for 11 Days

$82.80 USA Funds for 12 Days

$89.70 USA Funds for 13 Days

$96.60 USA Funds for 14 Days

FSP Pricing Child [17 & under]:

$23.00 USA Funds for 5 Days $27.60 USA Funds for 6 Days

$32.20 USA Funds for 7 Days $36.80 USA Funds for 8 Days

$41.40 USA Funds for 9 Days $46.00 USA Funds for 10 Days

$50.60 USA Funds for 11 Days $55.20 USA Funds for 12 Days

$59.80 USA Funds for 13 Days $64.40 USA Funds for 14 Days

I hope this isn't a stupid question, but does anyone know if they have decaffeinated diet coke? It's rare to find it, but I'm hoping they do. Thanks for any info.

I hope this isn't a stupid question, but does anyone know if they have decaffeinated diet coke? It's rare to find it, but I'm hoping they do. Thanks for any info.

The coke freestyle machine has decaf Diet Coke but the soda fountains at the bars do not. My husband drinks decaf diet soda and since he purchases the beverage package gets it in the machine but not sure if it’s offered in cans.

I’m new to the whole Crown & Anchor Society, but I’m at Gold. What does it mean “Priority departure lounge” & where is this place on Majesty?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hate to be negative, but it means very little. They herd you into someplace like the theater to wait for your departure number to be called. At Gold level there is very little priority. There may be coffee and pastries.

The 'departure lounge' is really just a way to get you out of your cabin so the attendants can perform turnover.

Hate to be negative, but it means very little. They herd you into someplace like the theater to wait for your departure number to be called. At Gold level there is very little priority. There may be coffee and pastries.

The 'departure lounge' is really just a way to get you out of your cabin so the attendants can perform turnover.

On the Adventure they did have pastries, but we took our time and had breakfast in the dining room first.

The coke freestyle machine has decaf Diet Coke but the soda fountains at the bars do not. My husband drinks decaf diet soda and since he purchases the beverage package gets it in the machine but not sure if it’s offered in cans.
It is in the freestyle machine but not all ships have freestyle machines.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app