Liberty review 11/26

MissMarmalade

After a long 7 years without cruising I am officially back at it again. My sister and I sailed on the liberty on a 4 day cruise to Nassau and Princess Cays on 11/26. I'll just break the review down so it'll be easier for everyone.

Embarkation/debarkation:

Went very smoothly if you have your documents ready. Going through security looked like a long line but actually went pretty fast. Got our sail and sign card at the terminal and we are officially gold level now woohoo! Disembarkation went smooth as well. We left our luggage out the night before and just had our carry on bags with us. We were number 17 and I wanna say we got off the ship at 9:30am

Food:

First time eating at guy's burger joint and just my opinion it was good but not the best burger I've ever ate. Had blue iguana and pizza Pirate for the first time also and I would give both an A+. Everyone was in line for the burrito so I saw a sign that said tacos so I stood in that and got served right away for two chicken tacos. Very very good! Pizza Pirate is again very good but the line can get long at times and whenever I was served my margherita pizza it must've just came out of the oven so the cheese kept sliding off and turned out to be mushy. Let the pizza rest for a little while so it will harden up and you won't have a mess on your hands like I did. Went to the main dining room every night at silver Olympian. Elizabeth from Peru and her team are the best waitstaff I've ever had. Never gave a poor me sob story and was very attentive with everything. Dinner usually lasted almost an hour. Had 2 appetizers (one being shrimp cocktail), an entree (one being salmon) almost every night along with dessert. Food was delicious in the MDR but bland on the lido buffet.

Cabin:

My sister and I were in cabin 6393. On carnival website it is considered a 1A bunk bed but it turns out there were two twin beds in the room along with a bunk up top that was still folded to the ceiling. Cabin steward was nice and asked if we wanted am pm or both and we opted for pm. First night she came super early and we weren't ready yet so she skipped our room that night (disappointed we didn't get our free bottle of water). We would rush to get ready for dinner earlier and earlier each night so we could get our rooms made. All drains worked fine no cloggage and no weird nasty smells like I've read others have smelled.

Entertainment:

Two theater shows were flick and America rocks. I would rather see an actual theater play instead of a bunch of musical numbers like playlist productions. We went to the late seating shows and there was still plenty of seats to choose from. Our cruise director was TJ. I was a little disappointed because I've heard such great reviews about Donkey and hoped we had him on our cruise. TJ was ok. I think he is a new cruise director. The violinists in the lobby put on such a great show. Went to hot & cool nightclub the last night and the dj was a disappointment. I was hoping for trendy new age dance music but got a good song maybe once in a while. Saw the punchlines comedy club with Chris Wiles I think his name is. Saw a PG show and R rated show. Keep in mind I am a 25 year old female and I was much more entertained with the PG show. The R rated show was too raunchy and couldn't laugh at his jokes about him let's just say....""making love"" to dead people and him being sexually attracted to a female dolphin. Just not my cup of tea comedy. Also heard a lot of popular reviews on the alchemy bar. It was odd whenever we walked by the bar was a ghost town. The blue iguana bar and red frog rum bar were always packed though.

Atmosphere:

Ship was in decent shape except for the stairwell on lido by guy's going up to the 10th deck. Don't get me wrong there's some places that need a paint touch up but I'm not fussy about that kind of stuff. At least there were no mechanical problems or sewage smells like others have said. Every single place was spotless though. I give cleanliness A+. Lines didn't seem long to me maybe because I work at Disney World. Just be patient and it will move quickly. Everyone on board was super friendly from all the crew to the guests on board. Crew was always happy to help or take a dirty plate away while guests always made room on the elevator for others and were polite to one another.

Islands:

First time going to Nassau. Had no excursion booked we just went to Junkanoo beach. Be very careful when you walk as there are holes and uneven pavement on the sidewalk. It was cloudy so we just sat on the beach. Had read reviews how good tiki bikini hit is so we walked by and didn't like how they have loud music playing (again I work at Disney World I wanted peace and quiet for once) so we walked down just a little further and set up camp there. Water was too chilly for us so we just bought a coconut and took pictures while sitting on the beach. Princess cays was sorta the same ordeal. When you get off the tender follow the main beach path on the left. We first got off the tender and walked around to the right and over the bridge. It was very secluded but again they had a loud radio playing rap and we wanted to relax so we went back and went to the beach everyone else was at. Eat a small breakfast maybe a danish and a cup of coffee then eat your main lunch on the island. Very good chicken. We brought our own snorkel gear and snorkeled by the long pier with the red roof. Very good place to snorkel the fish were huge like what you would see in an aquarium! The reviews don't lie....bring water shoes or just be very careful as there are a lot of rocks/coral

Ok this review is long enough. If you are going on the liberty soon hope this review helps and hope you have just as much fun as we did!