Taking Luggage Off the Ship in Singapore ... with an Overnight

2552phxcrzr

Our ship will be in Singapore overnight. Has anyone taken luggage off the ship on the first day, returned to the ship for the overnight, and then disembarked formally the next day? We have an early morning flight (carry-on bags only) on disembarkation day, so we'd prefer to get whatever we are not taking with us on the flight stored the day before so we don't have to deal with it in the wee hours of the morning. (The hotel we will be returning to in Singapore two weeks later will store the bags.)

The cruise line won't have any problems with this, but I am wondering what the policy is at the Singapore cruise terminal? Different countries have different rules about this, with some allowing passengers to take bags off without permanently disembarking the ship and others not, so I am looking specifically for information about Singapore.

Thanks for any insight.

I know that they are very strict in Singapore so it will be interesting to see if others have been able to do this.

Keith

Yes, I noticed that this year. While this would be our first choice, I am looking at other options for storing and am resigned to leaving the ship really early on the 15th to deal with storage issues if I must.

I suggest you "hand bring" your luggage along and clear the immigration. In our May trip we did bring a luggage of the ship and returned to the ship for the last evening too without any problem. Could be because we are local as exit at the clearance for locals only. If anything, you can always double checked or ask/inform the Immigration Staff and the Customs, they are very friendly :)

I suggest you "hand bring" your luggage along and clear the immigration. In our May trip we did bring a luggage of the ship and returned to the ship for the last evening too without any problem. Could be because we are local as exit at the clearance for locals only. If anything, you can always double checked or ask/inform the Immigration Staff and the Customs, they are very friendly :)

Thank you ... I’m hoping that proof of further travel plans, including our hotel reservation confirmation will pave the way for us.

Clarify the situation wtih Guest Relations once you are onboard.

There is the question of your onboard account, you could have the ship's security all over you if they see you departing with suitcases and your account is still open.

Clarify the situation wtih Guest Relations once you are onboard.

There is the question of your onboard account, you could have the ship's security all over you if they see you departing with suitcases and your account is still open.

We always coordinate with Guest relations when we depart in advance, but thanks for the suggestion.

Thank you ... I’m hoping that proof of further travel plans, including our hotel reservation confirmation will pave the way for us.

Like I mentioned earlier, we weren't ask, we just left the ship with the cabin luggage and returned to the ship later in the evening with other passenger. We left our other luggage bags in our stateroom and our cabin steward was very kind to arrange for them to be collected in the evening while we were out.