Triumph need to be scrapped

Jimmy Geegitz

The Triumph was the last Carnival ship I sailed on. The poor shape the ship was in, plus, the lack of employees that cared. It is only getting worse, and not better based on the history of the posts, but yet, when a poster states the obvious, they are called a troll.

Remedial reading course starts in 15 minutes

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would never book a cruise on this tub. Ship is jinxed. Carnival should dump this piece of junk for whatever they can get and put the $100 towards a new ship.

That much??:p

Riclop are you stirring the pot....:halo:.....LoL Remember this Riclop; "He who stirs the $h!T pot, should have to lick the spoon first."....LoL

Yes.

Carnival

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

CARNIVAL TRIUMPH

DECEMBER 4, 2017

December 3, 2017

Dear Carnival Triumph Guest,

We want to provide you with an update on your Carnival Triumph cruise for tomorrow.

The ship experienced a technical issue on the previous cruise and repositioned to Mobile so we could perform the necessary work. This has now been completed and our plan is to depart for New Orleans later today. We expect to arrive tomorrow afternoon and we will provide you with an update by 9:00 AM (CST) tomorrow.

In the meantime, please sign up for text alerts by texting CCL1 to CRUISE (278473) to receive updates. Please do not proceed to the cruise terminal until you have heard from us.

We apologize for this delay and thank you for your understanding. Our entire team is looking forward to welcoming you on board!

Sincerely,

Denese Waiters Signature

Denese Waiters

Sr. Director, Guest Services - Contact Centers

Triumph just passed the lower Belle Chase ferry. Still several hours out from port. Any clue on boarding times?

Sent from my XT1650 using Forums mobile app

I would think very quickly. Once docked.... They could start boarding since everything else should be ready to go...Rooms, interior ship maintenance, etc I would think the loading of passengers, luggage and supplies would be the only tasks needed. Since Mobile is one of their ports...its possible they loaded up on some supplies (food, etc) there while working on ship. Strange that no one even posted about the supposedly 9am Carnival update this morning

Here's the 9am update. Copied from the other active Triumph cancellation thread

Update:

CARNIVAL TRIUMPH Dec. 4, 2017, FINAL UPDATE:

Carnival Triumph is expected to arrive at 5:00 PM. Check-in will be from 4:30 PM to 7:30 PM. A lunch credit of 15.00 USD, per person, will be posted to your Sail & Sign account. All guests must be onboard by 8:00 PM.

That much??:p

And now Troll #2 enters the scene. If we can get Havingfun2010 to make another anti-Carnival comment we'll have the trifecta. ;p

Edit to add: If I had read just a couple of posts further I would have seen the trifecta happen. Thanks Havingfun2010 for make a dream come true. (cue the trumpets) :D :')

And now Troll #2 enters the scene. If we can get Havingfun2010 to make another anti-Carnival comment we'll have the trifecta. ;p

Edit to add: If I had read just a couple of posts further I would have seen the trifecta happen. Thanks Havingfun2010 for make a dream come true. (cue the trumpets) :D :')

Yep. You can set your watch by 'em. :)

The propellers are controllable pitch, which means that the "angle" of the blades changes to change the amount the propeller moves the ship per revolution. This is controlled by hydraulics to a mechanical linkage that moves all four propeller blades the same amount. Apparently, they can only get the propeller to 20% of its pitch, or power, so there is some work to be done on the propeller underwater.

There is a 1/4 inch o ring in the control line that was leaking causing the propeller to not change pitch.

Well that could be the problem :cool::cool:

Here's the 9am update. Copied from the other active Triumph cancellation thread

Update:

CARNIVAL TRIUMPH Dec. 4, 2017, FINAL UPDATE:

Carnival Triumph is expected to arrive at 5:00 PM. Check-in will be from 4:30 PM to 7:30 PM. A lunch credit of 15.00 USD, per person, will be posted to your Sail & Sign account. All guests must be onboard by 8:00 PM.

Oh Goody a whole $15 for missing half the day on the ship.

Hey I love Carnival. But there are 2 ships that need to be dumped. The Triumph and the Splendor.

To the OP, I respect your right to your opinion. But based on your cruise history (having sailed on one of these ships 3+ years ago, and never having sailed on the other), I dismiss your opinion.

I would think very quickly. Once docked.... They could start boarding since everything else should be ready to go...Rooms, interior ship maintenance, etc I would think the loading of passengers, luggage and supplies would be the only tasks needed. Since Mobile is one of their ports...its possible they loaded up on some supplies (food, etc) there while working on ship. Strange that no one even posted about the supposedly 9am Carnival update this morning

Were the passengers off loaded in Mobile? if not then it will be a long night to off load in N.O. and then load for the next cruise Dec 5....

To the OP, I respect your right to your opinion. But based on your cruise history (having sailed on one of these ships 3+ years ago, and never having sailed on the other), I dismiss your opinion.

That’s fine. Go ahead and book a cruise on either one. You won’t see me on them. Looking forward to Vista next month.

Are you saying that the Triumph is not operating at normal speeds or is it in dry dock, etc... We are scheduled to be on her on Dec 9....

The ship had an issue with one of her props causing its maximum speed to be reduced. The correction did not require a drydock but it did require specialized repairs (by divers) that required the ship to be repositioned to Mobile.

The issue was apparently corrected there and the ship has returned to N.O. The repair required the cancellation of one cruise while the ship "deadheaded" to Mobile and back.