New Booking while onboard Packages

baytraller

Perhaps I didn’t explain myself very well. Yes, it’s great to have a choice, but there isn’t a choice if only one is offered when you get on the ship, done via a flyer and the sales desk onboard isn’t sure whether the old offering is still available. Yes, I did have it confirmed with Miami, but then reading afterwards here of the experience of two posters on the ship only told of this new one makes me wonder the fate of the existing Extended Voyage program. Time will tell. I've expressed my preference going forward to Miami.

Phil

Surely the only reason for a trial is to see which option is going to be offered long term. If it was always intended to be a choice long term then it could have been introduced in a straight forward way.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Surely the only reason for a trial is to see which option is going to be offered long term. If it was always intended to be a choice long term then it could have been introduced in a straight forward way.

Well that's exactly my feeling too. I really hope it falls flat.

Phil

Perhaps I didn’t explain myself very well. Yes, it’s great to have a choice, but there isn’t a choice if only one is offered when you get on the ship, done via a flyer and the sales desk onboard isn’t sure whether the old offering is still available. Yes, I did have it confirmed with Miami, but then reading afterwards here of the experience of two posters on the ship only told of this new one makes me wonder the fate of the existing Extended Voyage program. Time will tell. I've expressed my preference going forward to Miami.

Phil

I think you explained yourself very well Phil.

Your helpful and knowledgeable posts on this forum are appreciated by all of us. You are never sarcastic or snippy with anyone, speak from a huge knowledge base of all things Azamara and really try to help people. Not the case with some other posters here.

I think we all feel that an onboard trial of the two benefits should be even handed with a clear choice for all Azamara cruisers to show their preference. This "trial" seems to be pushing one of the options over the other. Not a fair trial in my opinion.

If we really do continue to have the ability to choose our preferred option when booking then that's all good. However it does seem that the new "benefit package" which is not really a benefit at all for Azamara frequent cruisers compared to our previous loyalty discount is the way that Azamara wants it to go.

If possible, I am going to raise the issue of the loyalty discount trial at the upcoming December LCV event in London. It will be interesting to hear about it directly from Nicole.

Phil

Well, you bolded Grandma's sentence saying "I think it's great that there is a choice" and began your response with "I don't agree at all." That's very different from writing "Yes, it's great to have a choice..."

Like you, I believe Azamara regulars will prefer the original on-board booking bonuses and we should clearly make our preference known to Miami so that it continues to be offered.

[Edit: Why are you concerned about the Extended Voyages program? That gives OBC for b2b cruises, not the LCV discount.]

Edited by marinaro44

Well, you bolded Grandma's sentence saying "I think it's great that there is a choice" and began your response with "I don't agree at all." That's very different from writing "Yes, it's great to have a choice..."

Like you, I believe Azamara regulars will prefer the original on-board booking bonuses and we should clearly make our preference known to Miami so that it continues to be offered.

[Edit: Why are you concerned about the Extended Voyages program? That gives OBC for b2b cruises, not the LCV discount.]

Sorry, I meant Azamara Passages. So many terms out there and now we have "Cruise Again". If you want to split hairs about what I said about the rest it's fine. I think my overall point is clear to most.

Phil

The packages do not interest us.

It make the perks for LCV members valueless

We do not need Spa credit nor unlimited internet

If you want the ultimate beverage package,you would have to pay the full price not the difference between premium and ultimate.

We prefer a nice obc and a LCV discount.

The old system is still available but ends up more expensive than the bundle!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I agree with Phil and have a question. If you don;t know or aren;t given a choice how are you supposed to know there is a choice? Seems to me Azamara is rigging their own system so that the outcome is what they really want. Maybe I am just confused or stupid.

Kathy

I agree with Phil and have a question. If you don;t know or aren;t given a choice how are you supposed to know there is a choice? Seems to me Azamara is rigging their own system so that the outcome is what they really want. Maybe I am just confused or stupid.

Kathy

I don't believe that you are, but it seems that Azamara thinks many of it's repeat customers are..

Edited by Bloodaxe

I think you explained yourself very well Phil.

Your helpful and knowledgeable posts on this forum are appreciated by all of us. You are never sarcastic or snippy with anyone, speak from a huge knowledge base of all things Azamara and really try to help people. Not the case with some other posters here.

I totally agree Lottie. Phil is one of the nicest people you could meet. I’m fortunate to have had the pleasure of his company on our last cruise and thoroughly enjoyed meeting him. He is so helpful on here and never condescending, unlike some others. There should be a “Phil Appreciation Society” :)

Sorry, I meant Azamara Passages. So many terms out there and now we have "Cruise Again". If you want to split hairs about what I said about the rest it's fine. I think my overall point is clear to most.

Phil

Are you, by chance, on the cruise from Athens to Dubai in Oct 2018? If so, I would love to meet you!!

Are you, by chance, on the cruise from Athens to Dubai in Oct 2018? If so, I would love to meet you!!

Thank you!:) No, sadly I’m not an that one. Well not yet anyway! Such a nice itinerary though. You’ll have fun. Not sure if you’ve been before, but if you haven’t and do only two things on that cruise then Petra in Jordan and the Temples of Karnak from Safaga are a must! Enjoy.

Phil

Thank you!:) Such a nice itinerary though. You’ll have fun. Not sure if you’ve been before, but if you haven’t and do only two things on that cruise then Petra in Jordan and the Temples of Karnak from Safaga are a must! Enjoy.

Phil

I second that - we went to Luxor & Petra and they were indeed fabulous. For me the Valley of the Kings was the most amazing - much better than I expected! I would also say that, if the ship’s itinerary permits, do Luxor as a 2 day tour, because it’s a long drive and there’s a lot to see. The ship’s tour is expensive, but you can do it privately at a very reasonable rate.

• 3 weeks later...

Phil

Hi Phil,

I guess I am jumping the gun a bit, but it is Monday 11 December "down under"! Hope you may have a positive update for loyal cruisers regarding booking on board benefits following today's LCV Event in London.

Have a great Christmas & New Year. :D

Cheers,

Trish

Hi Phil,

I guess I am jumping the gun a bit, but it is Monday 11 December "down under"! Hope you may have a positive update for loyal cruisers regarding booking on board benefits following today's LCV Event in London.

Have a great Christmas & New Year. :D

Cheers,

Trish

Sadly Trish, Phil won't be attending the LCV event, but I am and will post any updates on the forum. I did have an email this morning about the new promotion - it's a buy an OV or above cabin and the second person pays 50% of the price on selected voyages. They are on the UK website.

The second person %50 off is also on the US site but it is also only for selected cruises. But at least it includes suites. Many promotions don't. Now if it is combinable with onboard LCV discounts, it is a great promotion. In the past, we have been able to take advantage of the BOGOHO on board, making the cruise price very attractive.

The second person %50 off is also on the US site but it is also only for selected cruises. But at least it includes suites. Many promotions don't. Now if it is combinable with onboard LCV discounts, it is a great promotion. In the past, we have been able to take advantage of the BOGOHO on board, making the cruise price very attractive.

Bob, for me the BOGOHO is the best deal because it gives money off the price of cabin regardless of the grade you book. Two of my June cruises on Quest are on the list. I checked the price and they are quite a bit more expensive, even with the 50% discount off the second guest. I’m not sure if this is because I got a particularly good deal (I don’t think it was that great) or if the price has been put up to compensate.

One thing that bugs me and that is they can offer free internet as part of a promotion to anyone, but they won’t offer it as an LCV perk to their most loyal guests. To me that’s crazy.

Phil

My 2018 bookings are still being sold at a much higher price than I paid on booking, Looks like the prices went higher before the discounts were applied (assuming the website is pricing correct in the UK).

I agree the unlimited internet perk should be given to the highest loyalty level as they do on Celebrity

Sadly Trish, Phil won't be attending the LCV event, but I am and will post any updates on the forum. I did have an email this morning about the new promotion - it's a buy an OV or above cabin and the second person pays 50% of the price on selected voyages. They are on the UK website.

Thanks Lottie. The same promotion is on the Australian website, although as bob278 has noted on the U.S. website, not for all cruises.

Still we are looking again, as we have nothing further booked after January/February.

Now to wait and see whether our previous LCV discounts still apply . . . .

Bob, for me the BOGOHO is the best deal because it gives money off the price of cabin regardless of the grade you book. Two of my June cruises on Quest are on the list. I checked the price and they are quite a bit more expensive, even with the 50% discount off the second guest. I’m not sure if this is because I got a particularly good deal (I don’t think it was that great) or if the price has been put up to compensate.

One thing that bugs me and that is they can offer free internet as part of a promotion to anyone, but they won’t offer it as an LCV perk to their most loyal guests. To me that’s crazy.

Phil

I agree that the BOGOHO is what I always look for. Our April 2018 Quest TA had that promo when we booked, so coupled with booking onboard, we saved about 32%. Today that same cruise has no promotions and is $1,000 p/p higher.

The rest of our Azamara cruises are in 2019 and there are no promotions that reach that far. One if from Tokyo to Seward and most repositioning cruise don't have sales. The other one is a Norwegian Fjord cruise that is too popular to get many sales. If it weren't for the 10% LCV discount, we wouldn't have booked either one.

My hope is that the trial that is underway is not being purposely steered toward the newer benefits to give a false result. If most people don't know they have the option to choose the LCV discount, the number of people who book using the new benefits will (falsely) tell Miami that it is the more popular option and that is what will be implemented. Without that LCV discount, there is no way we would book a cruise unless it had a BOGOHO that included suites.

Mark Twain was quoted as saying "There are three kinds of lies. Lies, damned lies, and statistics." My fear is that the accountants in Miami are going to use statistics thye maniupulated to map future on-board offers.

My hope is that the trial that is underway is not being purposely steered toward the newer benefits to give a false result. If most people don't know they have the option to choose the LCV discount, the number of people who book using the new benefits will (falsely) tell Miami that it is the more popular option and that is what will be implemented. W

Mark Twain was quoted as saying "There are three kinds of lies. Lies, damned lies, and statistics." My fear is that the accountants in Miami are going to use statistics thye maniupulated to map future on-board offers.

I think we all pretty much share the same hope . . . but it certainly looked like it was being purposely steered toward the newer benefits to give a false result on board Journey last month, when there was a very large contingency of first time Azamara cruisers.