Will we make this flight?

Janet S.

We will be disembarking the Oceania Marina on November 2, 2018 in Civitavecchia. The best flight out of Rome leaves at 12:45 pm. Given the distance to the airport in Rome and that the cruise states that disembarkation begins at 8:00 am, do you think we would be able to make that flight home? The later flight is at 2:45 pm but on Alitalia and given their bankruptcy troubles not sure I want to book that flight. Thanks for any help.

The Rome airport (FCO) is actually closer to The cruise port than to Rome. One will have only minor traffic issues leaving the port and will be at the airport in about 30 minutes.

Have a car arranged and you’ll have no problem making your 12ish flight.

The Rome airport (FCO) is actually closer to The cruise port than to Rome. One will have only minor traffic issues leaving the port and will be at the airport in about 30 minutes.

Have a car arranged and you’ll have no problem making your 12ish flight.

+1 if the ship clears Customs promptly.

However, as there isn't any way to predict that in advance, I personally would not take the chance.

If all goes well - as in the ship is not delayed arriving, the customs clearance goes smoothly, etc - you should be fine.

That said, leave as early as you can as things at the airport itself tend to go VERY slowly. Better to sit there a little early than miss the flight.

We will be disembarking the Oceania Marina on November 2, 2018 in Civitavecchia. The best flight out of Rome leaves at 12:45 pm. Given the distance to the airport in Rome and that the cruise states that disembarkation begins at 8:00 am, do you think we would be able to make that flight home? The later flight is at 2:45 pm but on Alitalia and given their bankruptcy troubles not sure I want to book that flight. Thanks for any help.

We made this flight a few years back. She ship docked on time, we were off the ship before 9 and made it tot he airport in plenty of time. In this instance, I would chance it. BTW, we flew into JFK.

I'd check out the Civiteveccia Port website. We found a car service on their site that has your driver waiting at luggage pick up, with a sign with your name. Cheaper than O, and you don't have to wait for the bus to fill up.

galake

I'd check out the Civiteveccia Port website. We found a car service on their site that has your driver waiting at luggage pick up, with a sign with your name. Cheaper than O, and you don't have to wait for the bus to fill up.

galake

Yes, those are all very good ideas, but my point is that nobody is allowed off that ship until Customs clears it.

If Customs were simply a matter of professionals doing their jobs, I would not even question the timing.

The problem is that you have to be willing to risk that one of your fellow passengers won't delay the proceedings. This isn't the navy where they can drag the offending party to the Lounge.

It is wildly frustrating, and possibly unfair, but once you've been stuck while the public address system summons some inconsiderate idiot over and over........:mad:

Enough said. either I've explained my position, or I haven't.

Yes, those are all very good ideas, but my point is that nobody is allowed off that ship until Customs clears it.

If Customs were simply a matter of professionals doing their jobs, I would not even question the timing.

The problem is that you have to be willing to risk that one of your fellow passengers won't delay the proceedings. This isn't the navy where they can drag the offending party to the Lounge.

It is wildly frustrating, and possibly unfair, but once you've been stuck while the public address system summons some inconsiderate idiot over and over........:mad:

Enough said. either I've explained my position, or I haven't.

Would agree 100%, why take a chance - relax and enjoy the last of your trip by taking a later flight out.