Problems booking Seaside in category SE3 - Aurea Grand Suite

houseofduck

Umm all renderings show otherwise. They do wrap around on renderings. But thin. Like walk around only. Yet to see photos and videos.

Spunky - I am not seeing the renderings you are referring to. Can you please post that picture? I recall a while back that a rendering was added to one of the threads which came from MSC UK website which showed it as a corner Grand Suite. That rendering did have a a thin wrap around balcony but, the only problem was that it was not a rendering for a Seaside GS. I think it was for Meraviglia.

Spunky - I am not seeing the renderings you are referring to. Can you please post that picture? I recall a while back that a rendering was added to one of the threads which came from MSC UK website which showed it as a corner Grand Suite. That rendering did have a a thin wrap around balcony but, the only problem was that it was not a rendering for a Seaside GS. I think it was for Meraviglia.

I can't seem to post a copy of photo but If you click on the link and look for that room and category you will see the layout

I can't seem to post a copy of photo but If you click on the link and look for that room and category you will see the layout

Spunky - This is the image that comes up when you click on 12002 and then Floor plan. Thiis is definitely not a MSC Seaside Grand suite. The shape is all wrong. There are three doors/windows facing the balcony. That is not on Seaside. All the corner GS on Seaside have a front facing Porthole.

Yes it would have been nice if the Seaside designers did the balcony similar to Meraviglia

ffb6a318788d585c5ff5e3dca90bb987.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Tall-Cruiser

Has anyone posted a video or pictures yet of the center Grand Suites? I have 9001 on the Seaview next year. I booked it in April of this year after I was unable to get a family cabin (all sold out). I told my travel agent how excited I was about getting a two bedroom two bath suite. Then I started reading the posts on cruise critic. On two different occasions my travel agent was told (by MSC supervisors) that I need not worry as I was getting the two bedroom for sure. Seaside and Seaview are sisters but not twins I was told. I know my travel agent was getting weary of me but I couldn't ignore the information I was getting from these posts. About two weeks ago I asked my travel agent to check again and this time ( 7 months after my booking) I was told that actually it would be a one bedroom. There is nothing left to book on my cruise now. It is virtually sold out. Any other options that would have been available 7 months ago are gone. Getting this "Grand Suite" was a big, big deal for me. I don't stay in suites as a rule. The two bedroom suite meant that each adult would have their own bed and no one would have to sleep on a sofa or on an upper bunk. I'm 67 years old and no way am I climbing up to a top bunk.

I am beyond disappointed and would really like to see what I'm getting now. I've never been a person who looked for entitlements, but would some sort of compensation be warranted under these circumstances and if so, what would be considered fair?? My roomy wants to cancel the gratuities after he gets on board. I hadn't thought of that. Don't want to punish someone who is not responsible for this situation. I feel bad but MSC doesn't seem to be concerned about giving me what I paid for.

If this is correct I will be extremely disappointed. We have a large family group on a February 2018 sailing and have 4 adults and a baby in cabin 11001. We also have the cabins on either side which were originally called 2 bedroom. I was disappointed when we heard they were 1 bedroom but figured we can live with that because the kids can sleep in the living room but having a third 1 bedroom for 4 adults and a baby is very disheartening.

If this is correct I will be extremely disappointed. We have a large family group on a February 2018 sailing and have 4 adults and a baby in cabin 11001. We also have the cabins on either side which were originally called 2 bedroom. I was disappointed when we heard they were 1 bedroom but figured we can live with that because the kids can sleep in the living room but having a third 1 bedroom for 4 adults and a baby is very disheartening.

I think you are ok. I think 11001 is supposed to be one of the two bedroom suites.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I just stayed in 13001. When we booked through our travel agent MSC represented it as a room that could sleep 5. In fact it is is only designed to sleep 4 with a king bed in a separate space, 1 twin couch, and 1 pullman. MSC had to bring in another twin bed in order to accommodate 5 people. That said the room has plenty of space for the 5th bed. We put it in the room with the king bed but could also have put it in the area with the couch and pullman. Note the room only has 1 bathroom which includes a tub. The balcony is nice and quite large.

Has anybody gotten clarification on this. They are still saying 13001 and 10001 are the only ones that hold 5.

She said room square footage is 398 and balcony is 220.

11001 and 14001 look significantly bigger but only hold 4.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk