Flying into LGA - need hotel overnight

JudyGerarda

Flying into LGA on January 18th with my mother-in-law who is in her 80s. Trying to keep this as simple as possible for her. Need to get to hotel easily - are they hotels reasonably priced that offer shuttles from LGA? Then need to get to Terminal to board ship next day. Is is possible a hotel would offer a shuttle from airport to hotel and then hotel to Terminal. Probably too good to be true. All suggestions appreciated. Thanks in advance. Very excited to be on the Breakaway for a 14 day cruise.

Flying into LGA on January 18th with my mother-in-law who is in her 80s. Trying to keep this as simple as possible for her. Need to get to hotel easily - are they hotels reasonably priced that offer shuttles from LGA? Then need to get to Terminal to board ship next day. Is is possible a hotel would offer a shuttle from airport to hotel and then hotel to Terminal. Probably too good to be true. All suggestions appreciated. Thanks in advance. Very excited tobe on the Breakaway for a 14 day cruise.

What is your hotel budget? How many beds? What time does your flight arrive and which airline?

Manhattan hotels are actually very reasonable for your date so instead of fussing with a hotel shuttle, it might be simpler to just go directly into Manhattan. I'm sure someone will post about the current logistics of LGA. My understanding is that from some terminals you have to take a shuttle to get to the hotel shuttle and car service pickup point.

There are no shuttles to the Manhattan Cruise Terminal from any hotel.

I'm actually booked that night at the La Quinta in Manhattan because I'm sailing the next day from Cape Liberty, so I've been watching the hotel prices for that date for a while.

You might have more luck in getting a reasonably priced hotel in downtown Brooklyn. There is the ALOFT and MARRIOTT hotels that are within 20 minutes drive of LGA. Then it is close to the pier from there over the Brooklyn Bridge. Very nice area too, with Junior's Restaurant (best cheesecake in US).

The Jan prices are very good in Manhattan - even better than at LGA. For your dates I wouldn't even consider looking at Brooklyn hotels when you're cruising from Manhattan.

My experience with LGA is based on the many posts on this board rather than personal experience. The reality is that to get hotel shuttle or car service transportation you have to take another shuttle bus. I believe taxis are available right at the terminals.