Special Tours for Accessable Passengers

sailingmickey

I recently read a thread regarding accessible tours on the Royal Caribbean site. It stated that cruise lines may schedule special tours for individuals who are wheel chair bound.

Since I am wheel chair bound and based on that post, I contacted both Royal Caribbean and Celebrity's accessible departments. I was told I could submit an email to their accessible department with the date of our cruise, the cruise description and the ship. I would then be told which, if any, tours were available for me.

I hope this helps others who are looking for this type of tour.

Most all mass market cruise line offer a limited amount of accessible tours depending on the availablity of an accessible vehicle with a lift for a specific port that are not published on it's website. You have to contact cruiseline's Speical Needs or Access Department to get this information. It's important to note that these tours are very expenseive will not be offered at the same cost per person as shown on the cruise line's website for the similar able-bodied tour. The cost is dependent on the type of vehicle available . The cost is genrally determined per vehicle and not per personSo for example if the cost is $400.00 and vehicle can accomdate 2 wheelchairs and 4 seat passengers and there's only 2 people in your party you will pay the full $400.00.

Where wheelchair users are accommodated on standard tours, usually on coaches with a hoist to lift wheelchair and user onto the rear section of the coach, the prices are normally the same. We have 2 booked on a P&O Caribbean cruise with pricing just the same as the able bodied passengers on the same coach, and have had similar tours on Celebrity and Princess.