BOGO 50% off sale -- is it a sales price?

AllisonJames

Odd, I'm looking at July 24th 2018 on Journey in a cat 05 OV and the price total for the cabin on the UK site is £14834 (there are still a few cabins left). In 2016 and from memory it was about £7000. I held on until quite late on that cruise and got an inside GTY for around £4000. That was offered on the Azamara site, but with any left over cabins Azamara now seem to fire sale to a couple of travel agencies in the US (I can't name them because of CC rules) and they never come up on the website. It's another game.

Phil

On that point, I just received an email from one of these “travel with” unmentionables selling the April Quest Transatlantic for $US 3899 per person (double occupancy) for a Veranda stateroom including airfare from selected US and a Canadian cities into Miami and home from Lisbon, pre-cruise and post-cruise hotels in each city, and transfers.

On that point, I just received an email from one of these “travel with” unmentionables selling the April Quest Transatlantic for $US 3899 per person (double occupancy) for a Veranda stateroom including airfare from selected US and a Canadian cities into Miami and home from Lisbon, pre-cruise and post-cruise hotels in each city, and transfers.

You are killing me.....I would like to get these!

And I know, I can’t ask and you can’t say!!

Edited by takemewithyou

My first Azamara cruise was this past August which was booked two years prior. As much as I would love to book another, they haven't retained this new customer. They will continue to fill the ships since they don't have much availability with so few cabins compared to their competitors.

However I believe those new AZ cruisers coming from Celebrity and the other mass market lines will also cringe when they encounter the higher prices. Thus I believe if they chase off their current loyal passengers and rateblock their new passengers, it will be difficult to continually replace them eventually. That's when the pricing will adjust. It's all supply and demand. As long as they can get it, they'll ask it.

I'm helping reduce AZ pricing one cruise at a time... on another similar line where AZ's aft VX is classified as an aft Concierge with all the additional perks and air for less fare.

I was just looking into the 17 night Antarctica cruise in January ‘19. I was shocked by the price £9811 for a balcony cabin. My agent suggested looking at the Celebrity 14 night similar cruise. When we worked it out, pro rata on the number of nights, taking account of the gratuities, internet etc (Celebrity is including the classic drinks package, but the included drinks on Azamara are fine for us and equivalent anyway), Celebrity came to £9700! My agent said cruise prices have been rising across the industry. I forgot to ask why. Anyway, much as the cost of these cruises makes me cringe, We’re booking with Azamara.

I was just looking into the 17 night Antarctica cruise in January ‘19. I was shocked by the price £9811 for a balcony cabin. My agent suggested looking at the Celebrity 14 night similar cruise. When we worked it out, pro rata on the number of nights, taking account of the gratuities, internet etc (Celebrity is including the classic drinks package, but the included drinks on Azamara are fine for us and equivalent anyway), Celebrity came to £9700! My agent said cruise prices have been rising across the industry. I forgot to ask why. Anyway, much as the cost of these cruises makes me cringe, We’re booking with Azamara.

Prices have been rising within the Royal Caribbean family ( royal. Celebrity and Azamara). Look for alternatives and you could find better prices or better price-value relationship with others.

You are killing me.....I would like to get these!

And I know, I can’t ask and you can’t say!!

This man gets unsold cabins for near cruises so if you are looking for a cruise well ahead you’ll be out of luck. He’s US based. I honestly don’t like the guy, but he seems to get the deals because he is "in" with a few cruiselines. I’d never book with him. Personally speaking.

Phil

This man gets unsold cabins for near cruises so if you are looking for a cruise well ahead you’ll be out of luck. He’s US based. I honestly don’t like the guy, but he seems to get the deals because he is "in" with a few cruiselines. I’d never book with him. Personally speaking.

Phil

I am unlikely to book with him as well. Was just pointing out how much more frequently AZ is using him to fill unsold cabins while they maintain they are booking well at their new higher prices. He seems to be getting more and more cruise lines in this manner. Just saw 3 March Uniworld river cruises on offer.

Phil

Hi Phil. I finally found this guy thru some searching. Seems the reviews online are pretty bad about him....lots of complaints about his customer service. Buyer beware, I guess. The deals are tempting, though.

I am unlikely to book with him as well. Was just pointing out how much more frequently AZ is using him to fill unsold cabins while they maintain they are booking well at their new higher prices. He seems to be getting more and more cruise lines in this manner. Just saw 3 March Uniworld river cruises on offer.

I did sign up for emails. Just got the one about Uniworld. Surprised some of these more upscale lines are dealing with him.

Phil

I think we are done booking cruises early....we have been burned recently with Azamara on this. We booked 2 B2B cruises in Europe (onboard booking) only to have a charter totally change the itineraries so much that they did not resemble what we originally booked. Had to cancel.

Then, our next cruise had 22 balconies available and at last minute, instead of upgrading existing LCV members, they had a fire sale.....so no upgrades! As you have mentioned....less and less LCV upgrades being done. We have never been able to have one. We booked that one a year out.

Might as well book late and catch the fire sales.

I did sign up for emails. Just got the one about Uniworld. Surprised some of these more upscale lines are dealing with him.

Glad you found it. He’s had several Seabourn cruises, Crystal, etc. He has yet to offer Regent. When we first got on the list, it was mostly HAL. Seems he’s become the answer to the price match guarantee for many lines.

Glad you found it. He’s had several Seabourn cruises, Crystal, etc. He has yet to offer Regent. When we first got on the list, it was mostly HAL. Seems he’s become the answer to the price match guarantee for many lines.

Just got an email from a major Online TA that they will be selling cruises on HSN beginning 1/4. That should be interesting!

I think we are done booking cruises early....we have been burned recently with Azamara on this. We booked 2 B2B cruises in Europe (onboard booking) only to have a charter totally change the itineraries so much that they did not resemble what we originally booked. Had to cancel.

Then, our next cruise had 22 balconies available and at last minute, instead of upgrading existing LCV members, they had a fire sale.....so no upgrades! As you have mentioned....less and less LCV upgrades being done. We have never been able to have one. We booked that one a year out.

We’ve had 2 LCV upgrades from Ocean View to Verandah, one a couple of days ago for our Costa Rica Cruise in January.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We’ve had 2 LCV upgrades from Ocean View to Verandah, one a couple of days ago for our Costa Rica Cruise in January.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Congrats! You are lucky. We booked an OV at one year out and are Discoverer Plus. The 22 balconies were sold at less than we paid for the highest level at OV on BOGO 1 year out. That hurts.

I am one of those loyal Azamara cruiser being driven away by Azamara price politic. I am currently on board the Oceania Sirena from San Diego to Rio. We are enjoying the Oceania experience a lot. I am doing a live report posted on the Oceania board. If you want yo know something you can post questions on that board and I will be happy to help.

Wow, lots of interesting comments to my original post -- thanks everyone. Many of the comments indicate people hitting a price ceiling with Azamara and perceived value for the $. I think this issue is one of the reasons that some Azamara first-timers I spoke to on my last cruise weren't completely sold. The challenge for Azamara is that those upgrading from the mass-market lines are expecting a really high-end, luxury, wow experience based on the prices and they are disappointed. And these new customers are most likely defining luxury in a different way than most of us who really feel that Azamara is the right "fit" for us are defining it. On the other end, anyone who is used to the luxury lines who try Azamara probably think the value isn't there and now in many cases the cost isn't significantly less than Seabourn, Silversea, etc. to make the "downgrade" worth it. One the low end, we had the experience with Celebrity where we thought we were upgrading based on price we paid and reviews and in the end, did not think the extra money was worth it over the very good experiences we had had with Princess. And at the high end, we've sailed both Seabourn and Silversea and looking to go back on those lines because of Azamara prices. It will be interesting to see if Azamara retains all those first-timers which will be necessary since apparently they are going to be losing a lot of the regulars.

I can understand your reasoning. I now pretty much always book an OV because I like the location and it's quiet. I've said elsewhere here that I'm noise sensitive. When I've had a balcony often I've never even used it so if I book an OV I don't even apply for an upgrade. If I booked a balcony then I would try for a suite. Give me a quiet location. I'm currently on Celebrity Constellation in an inside on deck 2. Honestly it's the quietest cabin I've ever had. I love it and it makes me get out to see the day.

Phil

I can understand your reasoning. I now pretty much always book an OV because I like the location and it's quiet. I've said elsewhere here that I'm noise sensitive. When I've had a balcony often I've never even used it so if I book an OV I don't even apply for an upgrade. If I booked a balcony then I would try for a suite. Give me a quiet location. I'm currently on Celebrity Constellation in an inside on deck 2. Honestly it's the quietest cabin I've ever had. I love it and it makes me get out to see the day.

Phil

I am just not sure if I could do an inside.....afraid I might be claustrophobic. We do like quiet cabins, though.

Would love to see you again on another cruise. Maybe our paths will cross again someday. Have great cruise and Merry Christmas, Phil.

Phil

On Quest now in a CC- finding some difficulty using balcony as the table and chair are placed in front of balcony door. Of course you can move the heavy chair and table but where do you put it?? Seem a very bad design during the refurb.

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone tell me if Australians have the benefit of a 'price drop' when booking in Australia? Can someone tell me how it works in both Canada, UK and the US and is it only applicable to those markets. After 13 Azamara cruises and 7 more booked I'd like to know if there's a benefit for us or not..........

Can anyone tell me if Australians have the benefit of a 'price drop' when booking in Australia? Can someone tell me how it works in both Canada, UK and the US and is it only applicable to those markets. After 13 Azamara cruises and 7 more booked I'd like to know if there's a benefit for us or not..........

I wasn’t aware that we benefitted from price drops in UK.