Cruise Directors

thehawks

Paul is a favorite of mine as well. I'm booked on the Navigator for the 89-night Arctic Splendors next June, and would love if her were CD then. He was the CD on the 2008 Discovery Collection and he, along with Capt. McNeil and Giuseppe as Hotel Director, helped to make that cruise great. The latter two are now gone from Regent, but I'm delighted that Paul is back.

Paul is a favorite of mine as well. I'm booked on the Navigator for the 89-night Arctic Splendors next June' date=' and would love if her were CD then. He was the CD on the 2008 Discovery Collection and he, along with Capt. McNeil and Giuseppe as Hotel Director, helped to make that cruise great. The latter two are now gone from Regent, but I'm delighted that Paul is back.[/quote']

You really brought me back in time. Up until Captain McNeil retired, my "dream team" was Captain McNeil, Franck Galzy and Paul Reynolds. I look back at that time as the good old days:D. Nowadays, I like all of the General Managers, only know one Captain - Captain Teo, still love Paul and think that John Barron is the "cat's whisker's" (boy - that is really an old saying!)

Margaret Lynn Scoggins is from South Carolina. She is lots of fun. Great singer. Cruised with her twice.

Thanks! Never sailed with her; it will be nice to have a fellow southerner onboard.

We have also cruise twice with Margaret Lynn. She has a great voice and always does at least one show per cruise and it's not to be missed. Jean.

Yes indeed. However she still is a novice, as she says... She entered the Voyager in January, when Roy Solaire left the schip for his holliday on Bali.

IT took us quite a while to come over the gap between these two CD's. However Margret loves country music ( as do we ...) and belts out pretty well. Hee-Haw!

We sailed with Margaret as CD from Hong Kong to Beijing for 16 days in March on the Voyager. I think she is one of the best we've had. She is a terrific entertainer and sang with the band a few times after the show in the bar and had everyone up dancing. She has a wonderful voice and a lovely friendly personality. I think you will love her Marc. The social hostess with her was called Nicola and they made a great team.

I find the Cruise Director likes/dislikes very interesting and there are clearly different strokes for different folks. We absolutely loved John Barron on the Explorer at Christmas last year, really liked Jamie on the Amazon for New Year's the previous year. Margaret and Lorraine are just fine. I honestly don't understand why Ray is so popular, we find him way over the top and a bit condescending. He is our least favourite on Regent for sure. We will be on the Voyager for 34 nights next January and are really hoping that Paul Reynolds will be the CD!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We sailed with Margaret as CD from Hong Kong to Beijing for 16 days in March on the Voyager. I think she is one of the best we've had. She is a terrific entertainer and sang with the band a few times after the show in the bar and had everyone up dancing. She has a wonderful voice and a lovely friendly personality. I think you will love her Marc. The social hostess with her was called Nicola and they made a great team.
s

We met Nicola in December and January during the Singapore- -Auckland trip. BtB. Where she was assisting Ray ,the first and Margaret the second leg.She is amazing! We told her AND Regent that she would be an excellent CD. She indeed is versitile and talented.

• 6 months later...

So, looking at the information from this thread, together with other threads and blogs I think this is the present forecast of Cruise Directors:

Navigator

I believe Jamie (& Dana) Logan joined Navigator on 05 Jan for the world cruise. Presumably they will leave for vacation in May, but no information on who will take over

Voyager

Ray Solaire was on board until 12 January when he went on leave

Margaret Scoggins is CD at present

Andy (& Tammy) Heath take over in March

Mariner

I believe Paul Reynolds is CD at present; not sure when he joined the ship or when he goes on leave

Explorer

Andy (&Tammy) Heath are on board at present

John Barron will take over in March

Lorraine Weimerskirch must be on vacation at present

Thanks to flossie for this list of Cruise Directors by Regent ships from February 2017. Does anyone have names of other CDs who have worked on Regent ships this year? Does anyone have insight of who will be CDs on particular ships in 2018? Thanks.

Jamie and Dana will be on the Navigator WC starting January 8, 2018 through the end of the trip in late May.

I also know John Barron was getting off the Explorer prior to Christmas '17 but don't know who was replacing him.

The Voyager and Mariner are a mystery to me . . .

Better something than nothing!

Peggy

Sorry, don't have any answers about Cruise Directors but just reminded me of what a good poster flossie was.

Hope you get the answers you are looking for.

Please come back flossie - we miss you! :(

Agree with Pam completely. Flossie is a huge miss here for her expert input and warm humour.

Have a lovely festive season Flossie and you are very much missed here . Jean.

Thanks to flossie for this list of Cruise Directors by Regent ships from February 2017. Does anyone have names of other CDs who have worked on Regent ships this year? Does anyone have insight of who will be CDs on particular ships in 2018? Thanks.

As you noted, that list is quite old. Paul Reynolds left the Mariner in September and is now on the Navigator. Lorraine is currently on the Mariner. John Barron is suppose to leave Explorer before Christmas (may have left already and should return to Explorer in 4 months IF Regent decides to keep him on Explorer for 2018 - hope that they do). This doesn't help answer the TS's question but shows how things can change day to day or month to month.

It is really difficult to project out more than a few months as things often change. I know that people in the U.K. get lists that we don't get in the U.S. but they typically are correct at the beginning and then change. So hard to keep track. For instance, someone that knows Franck Galzy posted on another thread that he was joining the Mariner in Miami. The G.M. on the Mariner, Andreas, said that Nikki was joining the Mariner in Miami. Who knows - maybe they will both join.

While we like to share information with other posters, they need to understand that what we post is what we are told but is not always accurate. Officers sometimes need to shorten or extend their vacations for personal reasons. Sometimes they do their contract partly one ship and partly on another.

I believe that all of the CD's that have worked on Regent ships this year have been mentioned (Ray, Paul, Lorraine, Dana, Andy, Margaret and, of course, John Barron!). We haven't sailed with Andy or Margaret but rumor has it that she will be on our March Voyager cruise (if things don't change between now and then).

I believe that all of the CD's that have worked on Regent ships this year have been mentioned (Ray, Paul, Lorraine, Dana, Andy, Margaret and, of course, John Barron!). We haven't sailed with Andy or Margaret but rumor has it that she will be on our March Voyager cruise (if things don't change between now and then).

I thought Jamie was CD on the World Cruise this year and will be next year. Has he left Regent. Would be a shame if he's gone.

I thought Jamie was CD on the World Cruise this year and will be next year. Has he left Regent. Would be a shame if he's gone.

Oops - my bad. I listed his wife Dana (Asst. CD instead of Jamie).