Cancelled excursions paid for with eGift cards

Detroit97

I paid for my excursions using an egift card i bought from the Verizon Wireless Smart Rewards program before it switched to new program. Hubby cancelled excursions so will i get onboard credit or does it go back to the egift card? Thanks for your help!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Forums mobile app

They will send you a new gift card for the amount.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

[edit: I just re-read your OP and see E. GIFT CARD. Below is my experience with physical cards.]

Ugh. I just dealt with this yesterday. I hope you didn’t use an outside travel agency.

The email you get from Carnival says you will get a new gift card. However, I cancelled my own excursion over a month ago and hadn’t received anything, so I called Carnival.

Carnival said if you used an outside agency they sometimes don’t notice they should send the cards to you and not the agency. Apparently that’s what happened to mine. I filed a report with the Fun Shops who are going to review...I guess.

I then called my vacation planner (Costco). She said she’d never heard of such a thing (sending a gift card to the agency). She called Carnival and they said they just refill back the old gift card (Contrary to the Carnival cancellation email). I told Costco I didn’t have it anymore and she finally got Carnival to re-send to ME. Which sounds like that should have happened in the first place.

Unfortunately they said 5-7 business days and this happened yesterday. I leave Sunday. Maybe my house sitter can send me a pic of the cards IF they come.

I’m not going to use those cards to buy anything I’m not 100% on in the future.