Up-sell fairy

Careyd6

This is our fourth cruise. We were offered an up-sale for the last three but we didn't have a TA. I never took the others because they were for the owners suite and way to much. I was just curious if they even offered if you have a TA.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We had booked six balcony cabins in a row on the Empress deck through a TA. One of the cabins was for three guys. One day I was looking at our booking online and noticed that they had us on the Panorama deck. I called the TA and she said she would have to get with Carnival to see what was going on.

She called back and said that they had changed the cabin with the three guys in it to a two person cabin. Carnival called the first person on our group alphabetically and ask if it was alright to move all of us. They agreed so we all got moved up without the rest of us even knowing what was going on. It was an upgrade too, not an upsell.

Smart move on their part because now the Panorama deck is where we always choose.

The only time was when one party in our group had a connecting OV and I think they needed it for a family. Carnival called the TA, TA called me, TA called Carnival back. It was a free move from a 6A to 8C. I have been called and emailed by Carnival a few times when booked directly through my PVP.

I believe Carnival needs to call the TA about anything that has to do with a booking when the client uses a TA as it belongs to them. That’s why when you call they ask if you are working with a TA. If you say yes, the conversation is over.

We had booked six balcony cabins in a row on the Empress deck through a TA. One of the cabins was for three guys. One day I was looking at our booking online and noticed that they had us on the Panorama deck. I called the TA and she said she would have to get with Carnival to see what was going on.

She called back and said that they had changed the cabin with the three guys in it to a two person cabin. Carnival called the first person on our group alphabetically and ask if it was alright to move all of us. They agreed so we all got moved up without the rest of us even knowing what was going on. It was an upgrade too, not an upsell.

Smart move on their part because now the Panorama deck is where we always choose.

Perhaps it was just Destined to be?