Can I use my dad's free specialty meal as he is Black status and I am not?

basketballdad

My wife and I are crushing with my parents. They are Black status, we are Gold. They dont want to use their free speciality meal. We are 3 cabins apart. Same last name. Can we trade room keys for a few hours and go use their meal?

I don't have an honesty issue here, they gifted it to us. I am wondering just the mechanics of it all. When they swipe my dad's room key will it show his picture like when you get on and off the ship?

My wife and I are crushing with my parents. They are Black status, we are Gold. They dont want to use their free speciality meal. We are 3 cabins apart. Same last name. Can we trade room keys for a few hours and go use their meal?

I don't have an honesty issue here, they gifted it to us. I am wondering just the mechanics of it all. When they swipe my dad's room key will it show his picture like when you get on and off the ship?

My opinion. You should call MSC and get an answer. Then when you get on the ship you may receive a different answer. It all depends on who is there at that time and what they think. I don't believe anyone can answer that question here. Things have a tendency to change frequently.

Try it and see what happens. Wish you luck! Happy Cruising!!!

We just got off Divina on Saturday. As Black Card members, we were given 2 complimentary vouchers for 2 at Eataly or Galaxy restaurants. We were 4 couples traveling together, and 2 of us were Black Card, the other 2 were not. When we ordered our dinners, we told the server that we were treating two couples with our extra vouchers. It was a non-issue, and they were happy to accommodate us.

We just got off Divina on Saturday. As Black Card members, we were given 2 complimentary vouchers for 2 at Eataly or Galaxy restaurants. We were 4 couples traveling together, and 2 of us were Black Card, the other 2 were not. When we ordered our dinners, we told the server that we were treating two couples with our extra vouchers. It was a non-issue, and they were happy to accommodate us.

That's because a Black Card member can bring a guest, which is a different scenario to the OP's position.

We tried to do that last year and they would not allow it. Did not make any sense to me since the Black Card allows each person to take a guest. Glad that clearer heads have prevailed and this common sense request was a non-issue now.