MARINA LIVE!!! 12/03/2017 — Barcelona to Miami

What A Market

One change I feel is positive is the Qban and Rueben at Waves are smaller than in the past. They were always way too big.

Glad WAM missed trivia today, we were able to come in 2nd instead of 3rd. Lovely weather today also.

The pork rack in Jacques no longer says Iberico de belota on the menu, waiter says it is the same. I doubt it, I didn’t try it. Maybe I will the next time.

One change I feel is positive is the Qban and Rueben at Waves are smaller than in the past. They were always way too big.

Glad WAM missed trivia today, we were able to come in 2nd instead of 3rd. Lovely weather today also.

The pork rack in Jacques no longer says Iberico de belota on the menu, waiter says it is the same. I doubt it, I didn’t try it. Maybe I will the next time.

Who is WAM?

Here is a run down of the senior staff per an insert in today's Currents.

Captain: Leo Strazicic

GM: Claudio Melli

Exec Concierge: Juan Carlos Cortes

Cruise Director: Nolan Dean

Sr. Exec Chef: Alban Gjoka

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As usual, no mention of the Chief[emoji22]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What a bust of a Live Thread. Sorry about that for any of you reading along.

So unfortunately, I disembarked today in Cádiz to start the journey home. I’m sure many of you over the years have faced the dilemma of embarking on a cruise or any other kind of vacation while dealing with a health condition or recent injury. I faced just such an issue a few days before departing for this cruise. I thought I could deal with the issue, but it wore me down and I finally had to make the tough decision to end my trip early.

Given this is a Transatlantic Cruise, Cádiz seemed the wisest place to disembark, particularly for a return trip to the States. I’m devastated to be disappointing the DW. As with many husbands, you could say I owed her a nice break with this cruise.

I’m also saddened to miss the company of some fabulous Cruise Critic members that were on this cruise. Probably the best group I’ve cruised with to date! (And that says a lot given the company I shared on the Riviera maiden voyage.)

Until next time.

Edited by What A Market

Here is a run down of the senior staff per an insert in today's Currents.

Captain: Leo Strazicic

GM: Claudio Melli

Exec Concierge: Juan Carlos Cortes

Cruise Director: Nolan Dean

Sr. Exec Chef: Alban Gjoka

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If by any chance you run in to Alban, could you kindly ask him how long he will staying onboard the Marina. Curious to see if he will still be on the Marina when we set sail in March....Thanks in advance and enjoy.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

What a bust of a Live Thread. Sorry about that for any of you reading along.

So unfortunately, I disembarked today in Cádiz to start the journey home. I’m sure many of you over the years have faced the dilemma of embarking on a cruise or any other kind of vacation while dealing with a health condition or recent injury. I faced just such an issue a few days before departing for this cruise. I thought I could deal with the issue, but it wore me down and I finally had to make the tough decision to end my trip early.

Given this is a Transatlantic Cruise, Cádiz seemed the wisest place to disembark, particularly for a return trip to the States. I’m devastated to be disappointing the DW. As with many husbands, you could say I owed her a nice break with this cruise.

I’m also saddened to miss the company of some fabulous Cruise Critic members that were on this cruise. Probably the best group I’ve cruised with to date! (And that says a lot given the company I shared on the Riviera maiden voyage.)

Until next time.

So sorry to read you having to leave the cruise What a Market. Don't add the concern of cutting the trip short, probably wise to cut it short while it was still your choice. Hope you have a safe flight home and recover quickly.

If by any chance you run in to Alban, could you kindly ask him how long he will staying onboard the Marina. Curious to see if he will still be on the Marina when we set sail in March....Thanks in advance and enjoy.

Sorry to hear of your early departure...wishing you a speedy recovery....all the best.

Tom, hate to hear you had to leave us, I was looking forward to visiting with you more.

Since you started this I’ll continue to post here.

The Christmas elves were out last night and decorated. The ship looks nice.

We had a well attended M & G this morning. It was nice to put faces with some names we’ve seen posting for years.

:D

WAM - Sorry to hear about your health issues.

Safe travels home and speedy recovery.

WAM. Had the pleasure of speaking to you for a few minutes at the waves sail away. Was very nice. Sorry you are not with us for the rest of the trip. Please let us know how you are doing. Hope we can meet in the future for much more time. Get well fast.

Love love love the canarias. We had best private guide in Tenerife. Scenery is breathtaking. Santa Cruz de la Palma charming. Fabulous unique shops. Weather has been wonderful

We are going to be in canaries next November(Marina).....Please give more detail of your guides that you liked, thanks in advance

On way home. Weather great the last few days. Food terrific as usual, crew so good. I do not think they know the word no. Time for lunch and then aft. activities. I wonder if anyone else is reading this thread? WAM started it, but had to leave early. Would like to hear any other thoughts about this cruise. Later.

Weather incredible. Warm and sunny. Seas smooth. Wonderful crossing

Food as good as ever. Staff excellent and very friendly. I cannot understand posts about “staff don’t smile or say hello.” Just the opposite

We usually prefer the r ships but the o ships are great when only 70% full. Lol

Weather incredible. Warm and sunny. Seas smooth. Wonderful crossing

Food as good as ever. Staff excellent and very friendly. I cannot understand posts about “staff don’t smile or say hello.” Just the opposite

We usually prefer the r ships but the o ships are great when only 70% full. Lol

Have to completely agree. Our service has been great in every area so far.

I just commented to my wife that I wish I'd had a camera out on deck to take a picture of the Captain talking to a couple of guests and a young man. He probably stood there and talked to them for 10 minutes.

It's almost hot today. Before this trip I had to the opportunity to select from an Aft PH or a regular. After weighing what the weather might be on a Dec crossing and how much we would use a balcony we opted for the extra room inside in a regular PH. Mistake!, although the regular one is still great. We've eaten in the room once, but been out on the balcony quite a bit. Nice and smooth and very moderate. You couldn't ask for better so far on a TA.

There are all ages on the ship, including at least 6-10 younger children. They really haven't bothered me at all.

Welcome home everyone or at least welcome back to the States. Missed being with all of you. Heidi and I are just now getting over being depressed for leaving the cruise early.

Speaking of the cruise — hope it was a miserable crossing. Ha, just teasing. Please post your thoughts on the cruise so I can go back to being depressed. ;p

Safe travels home to everyone.

Welcome home everyone or at least welcome back to the States. Missed being with all of you. Heidi and I are just now getting over being depressed for leaving the cruise early.

Speaking of the cruise — hope it was a miserable crossing. Ha, just teasing. Please post your thoughts on the cruise so I can go back to being depressed. ;p

Safe travels home to everyone.

Great cruise. Just got home about an hour ago. No traffic on Sunday. O really does a great job in every way. Even the crossing was wonderful including being warmer that I thought it would have been. Hoping you are feeling better and we can meet in the future.