Carnival Conquest questions

beshears

My family and I just returned from visiting my brother and family out of town, when I found these last postings, and so glad to read them as well.:)

I haven't even booked this ship yet, but I'm thinking REAL HARD about doing it, as it looks like (I'm sure someone will throw some negatives in as well, but that is OK) like what my friend and I would like to do around the end of March or first part of April.

At this point, I'm working with two T.A., just to see what info they will give me , so time will tell.

Thanks for the fantastic information Pellaz!

I am excited to try Carnival again.

Does the Conquest have a guest laundry?

Yes, according to cruisedeckplans.com each guestroom floor has a guest laundry room near the midship elevators...except for Lido Deck, where it's located near the forward elevators, and Panorama Deck, which doesn't have one.

Seafood shack prices were like $15 down to $5) ex: $12 for a Lobster Roll down to like $5 for a bowl of clam chowder in a bread bowl. Then they have the "fresh" items on ice like shirimp/fish/crab/etc. that you pay by the pound and they cook it for you. That should give you a ball park.

I hazily recall from previous discussions here that the "Lobster Roll" menu item actually included two lobster rolls.

Hi. What makes you say that ship arrivals at Grand Turk may be delayed? Is that information posted anywhere?

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

Someone in another thread mentioned they were scheduled to go to GT next week (the first week they were supposed to open up) but it got changed. Now it could be that GT is only letting one ship dock per day while they get back up to speed or they could just not be ready yet. I have heard nothing official.

We missed GT due to weather on the Vista last December (first port ever missed due to weather) so we'd love to get back there as it's a nice beach day.

Someone in another thread mentioned they were scheduled to go to GT next week (the first week they were supposed to open up) but it got changed. Now it could be that GT is only letting one ship dock per day while they get back up to speed or they could just not be ready yet. I have heard nothing official.

We missed GT due to weather on the Vista last December (first port ever missed due to weather) so we'd love to get back there as it's a nice beach day.

We are on the Conquest Nov 5 and our visit to Grand Turk has been cancelled . as the port can only handle one ship and we were ship #2. One more Sea day.

I just scheduled a charter with GT Diving for mid December. They seem to think everything is ready to go. I have not received any notices from Carnival to the contrary. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have been to both places, and they are nice. I hope you will enjoy Amber Cove, but probably MY preference would be Grand Turk. Did they change it because of the hurricane that came through not too long ago, or do you know?

I have been to both places, and they are nice. I hope you will enjoy Amber Cove, but probably MY preference would be Grand Turk.

My feelings exactly. GT is a bit nicer since it has a beach Right There, but Carnival did a great job when they built Amber Cove within the restrictions of the port. I think CCL is better at destination-building than Royal is.

Did they change it because of the hurricane that came through not too long ago, or do you know?

It's probably because Grand Turk is currently limited to only one ship per day, due to hurricane damage.

I'm hoping to go there in February on a Royal ship -- which is highly unusual -- and I have my fingers crossed. I think we're the only ship scheduled there for the day.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got off the Conquest today! Our first cruise in about 10 years and we had a great time. Embarkment was fairly easy for us as we didn't get to the terminal until around 1 (our check in was 1230-1. We waited maybe 30 minutes in line and by the time we got to our stateroom, they were ready. We were in 8216 balcony which we loved! Extremely quiet, comfortable and we loved seeing the captain's overhang to the right.

Food wise - we enjoyed Guy's Burgers, Pizza Pirate, and the sushi window. Spicy tuna FTW! So good. $5 for that and the California Roll, $7.50 for 2 other rolls which I never tried. We tried the deli and got a grilled cheese and Reuben. Tried the MDR 3 times, it was okay. We were more fans of the appetizers than the entrees. The flatbread was delicious! Overall we ate too much. The tacos and breakfast burritos at Blue Iguana were delicious too and the lines were never long.

We stopped in Nassau, Half Moon Cay and Amber Cove. Our Grand Turk stop was cancelled after the hurricane. We did Atlantis buying directly from the hotel, a bit pricey at $129 per person, but it's where we went for our honeymoon so both of us agreed to splurge to go back. No other excursions. Half Moon Cay we walked WAAAAY down the beach and more or less had it to ourselves.

Chloe the cruise director was awesome! So engaging. We really enjoyed the marriage show, Epic Rock and Flick. Sadly we missed the 80's. Comedy was always packed, get there early for a seat! Chairs were plentiful on deck. Loved Serenity Deck, enjoyed our afternoon in a pod one day after Amber Cove. Overall, we had a GREAT time and can't wait to return! Conquest was a great ship with a lot to do that we didn't eve get to. Sorry, this came out too long! Currently on the flight home and bored out of my mind. 😜

• 1 month later...
Thank you "everyone" for your replies. As this will be a ship we have never been on before (I've been on all kinds of ship sizes :)), I just wanted to get an idea of "everyone's opinions, pro/con if you had been on the ship within this past year.

From your response so far, it looks like a good ship that we might try out either the end of March or the first part of April, as Missouri is hard to get out of in the first few months of the year, as I have LEARNED by experience! :)

I love the Conquest, she’s my favorite ship by far. I’ve sailed three times on her, once on Freedom and once on Valor (Conquest sister ships) and I like the size vs amount of people. It just seems like a nice balance. Now that they have a Serenity area, I may never sail a different ship again, lol!

I love the Conquest, she’s my favorite ship by far. I’ve sailed three times on her, once on Freedom and once on Valor (Conquest sister ships) and I like the size vs amount of people. It just seems like a nice balance. Now that they have a Serenity area, I may never sail a different ship again, lol!

I am new to Carnival line. You mention Valor is a sister to Conquest. Do this class have any cabins with a refridgerator?

• 4 weeks later...
Some "overview" items:

• Dining on Conquest is pretty awesome if you're on a budget as there are many free/included options. Especially on that busy first day (embark), don't overlook the Ol' Fashioned Barbecue location -- it's above the crowded Lido Deck buffet, where everyone else will be, and is pretty good, and free. Deck 10, midships. Most of your fellow cruisers won't discover it until Day 3. :)
  • Even if you don't like barbecue, the area near the BBQ place serves as a "bonus" seating area above the buffet, and on that first day, open tables down below will be at a premium. (Don't worry; lunch time on the first day is always the busiest time for the Lido buffet; it gets better later.)
  • If the lines are really bad for breakfast in the morning, walk down to the Blue Iguana Cantina (Deck 9 midships) -- they fresh-make really good breakfast burritos and there's seldom a line.
  • Don't let a long line at Guy's Burger Joint frighten you away; it usually moves quickly.

Sailing on the conquest in May. This is all really helpful. Thank you! :)

Edit: and I do have a question. Are any of the pools on the conquest adults only?

Edited by CoasterGuy
a question.

Sailing on the conquest in May. This is all really helpful. Thank you! :)

Edit: and I do have a question. Are any of the pools on the conquest adults only?

I believe the one in the back is supposed to be. But there is also a pizza place there so kids will be around the pool. That's what I have gathered. I am heading out this weekend, so if you reply to this in a few weeks I'll let you know

I believe the one in the back is supposed to be. But there is also a pizza place there so kids will be around the pool. That's what I have gathered. I am heading out this weekend, so if you reply to this in a few weeks I'll let you know

Yes this is correct. The pool itself is adults only but the area back there is open to everyone since there is a bar and Pizza Pirate.