Queries

BaggsieScotland

My husband and I are going to Singapore in January and then on to the Southeast Asia cruise on the Sapphire and were wondering what the weather will be like? Also when visiting different ports such as Vietnam, Cambodia, Bangkok do you need their own currency or are US dollars accepted?? Is it safe to use credit cards??? Thanks in advance :D

We have had no problem whatsoever using credit cards in Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, or Malyasia. Cannot imagine an issue in Singapore however we will find out next month. No issue with ATMs in Thailand. We were in Vietnam in Feb 2016-you were limited in the amount that could be withdrawn from an ATM.

We used currency of the country. However, we were on extended independent land tours-month or so in Thailand, Vietnam. Less in Cambodia.

If you use a credit card be prepared for a possible upcharge for doing so.

We use local currency and atms in Singapore and Thailand, if a shop accepts US dollars it will exchange them at an unfavourable rate. Singapore dollars are hard currency, Thai baht less so but easy to spend on the many nice small Thai gifts . In Cambodia people seemed pleased to get US dollars.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My husband and I are going to Singapore in January and then on to the Southeast Asia cruise on the Sapphire and were wondering what the weather will be like? Also when visiting different ports such as Vietnam, Cambodia, Bangkok do you need their own currency or are US dollars accepted?? Is it safe to use credit cards??? Thanks in advance :D

Weather should be warm to hot in these areas.

In Vietnam and Cambodia we used USA currency and credit cards in Vietnam.

In Bangkok I recommend getting local currency and the same goes for Singapore. We also used credit cards in Singapore and Bangkok.

Vietnam is a great place for shopping.

Keith

The US dollar is the currency in Cambodia. That is how everything is priced. From time to time you will get small change in Cambodian currency.

The ATM's in Cambodia dispense USD, or at least they did two years ago. A few places near the border will take Thai bhats.

As others have said, USD are fine in Cambodia, and I'm guessing you're only there for a day.

Elsewhere we used local currency, though I know others have used USD in Vietnam.

If you get Vietnamese dong you'll be a millionaire for a while.:)

But do check the number of noughts on the notes, it's easy to overpay 10-fold or even 100-fold.:(

JB :)