Star Class Cruisers- Royal Genies

amyc21186

Hey all! Husband and I are in Star Class on the Oasis of the Seas (disembarking tomorrow) and I was wondering overall what the bare minimum expectations you had of your Royal Genie?

We were under the impression, based off of Royal's marketing of the Royal Genie and Star Class in general, that certain things were to "just happen".

For example, our bare minimum expectations were:

Having small snacks delivered to our room such as cheese plates and fruit plate (without asking).

That the few requests such as getting on the zip line and ice skating rink were to be handled and actually remembered by our Genie.

That we would see/hear from our Genie more than a five minute conversation once per day.

Husband and I are easy going and we understand that some Star Class cruisers are tough to deal with and take up a lot of the Genie's time, but our Genie and some minor expectations were just non-existent.

We spent 1/2 the amount of money to cruise on the NCL Breakaway (with butler and in their highest "class") than we did on this cruise in Star Class and received 100 x better service. We received small daily snacks (without asking) and were treated better than on this cruise.

After reading other Star Class Genie reviews, it seems we got the short end of the stick with our Genie.

Please let me know what your "bare minimum" experiences (if that makes sense) were in Star Class.

Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just out of curiousity, why would it be important to get cheese and fruit plates delivered without asking for it?

I can see your desire for having snacks like that delivered, but would if they don´t do that without a request for it, would it have been that hard to just ask for it :confused:

Just out of curiousity, why would it be important to get cheese and fruit plates delivered without asking for it?

I can see your desire for having snacks like that delivered, but would if they don´t do that without a request for it, would it have been that hard to just ask for it :confused:

Because they send multiple surveys prior to the cruise asking what we would prefer and enjoy. Also, they're marketing indicates the following:

"Whether it's sweet treats, fresh fruit or an unbelievable vintage, your Royal Genie knows what you crave and keeps your suite stocked with all your favorites."

So, if they expect us to answer the survey, which we did indicating that we like fruit and sometimes a little junk food here and there, and their marketing states that the "genie knows what you crave" we would hope that we would get what we paid for.

I wasn't asking my question to make a big deal out of it, but was asking to see what other people's experiences with this was.

In fact, we just asked another couple in Star Class on this cruise how it worked out for them, and they didn't have to ask for these "bare minimum" things. They received fruit, cheese and other goodies without asking at all.

Additionally, part of my post was about things I had asked for several times, both via the precruise survey and in person with our Genie, but still did not receive.

Have you ever sailed in Star Class? What was your experience?

We enjoy the Star Class service and our headed out on our 4th trip on Oasis next month and have actually requested Joyce as we had her on Anthem in May and loved her.

We are also usually very low maintenance so on our first Star Class cruise we did not ask for much and that is what we got. We were on Oasis and had Israel. The second was on Harmony with Cleon and we had 8 people in the Royal family suite. We all made a lot of requests and was never told no. The third was with Joyce and she was there when we needed her. She would check in daily and find out what else we may need. She had all of our reservations made for us and changed them when needed.

So I have found that yes we fill out a questionnaire they usually have 3-4 cabins which can be 2-8 people a cabin so just little reminders help. If I need snacks or drinks I make it known. I think they want to be there to help and not be intrusive.

We enjoy the Star Class service and our headed out on our 4th trip on Oasis next month and have actually requested Joyce as we had her on Anthem in May and loved her.

We are also usually very low maintenance so on our first Star Class cruise we did not ask for much and that is what we got. We were on Oasis and had Israel. The second was on Harmony with Cleon and we had 8 people in the Royal family suite. We all made a lot of requests and was never told no. The third was with Joyce and she was there when we needed her. She would check in daily and find out what else we may need. She had all of our reservations made for us and changed them when needed.

So I have found that yes we fill out a questionnaire they usually have 3-4 cabins which can be 2-8 people a cabin so just little reminders help. If I need snacks or drinks I make it known. I think they want to be there to help and not be intrusive.

Thank you for your reply! We weren't sure whether or not our experience is the norm, so that's why we figured we would ask others who have been in Star Class. Based on what another couple said in Star Class that we are on board with, they didn't have to remind their Genie. But everyone is different!

We booked the Harmony in Star Class for next November and have heard amazing things about Cleon and another genie Reyno. I didn't know we can request a specific genie so maybe we will ask for Cleon!

Joyce is a super sweet girl and we've loved Star Class. Our Royal Loft Suite has truly been "the destination" and we can't wait to go on the Harmony and maybe thereafter the Symphony. I hear the Symphony has a loft suite with a giant slide though I think that it would be kind of odd for two adults to be sliding from the second floor to the first floor [emoji16].

Thanks again for your insightful reply and enjoy the beautiful Oasis next month!

Happy holidays to you and your family!

We are booked in a 2 bedroom aqua theatre suite and my son is trying to get me to switch to the one with the slide. Oh and he is 28 and 6'6" but he claims it will be for my grandson who will be born in March.

We loved Cleon. As far as Reyno, we have not had him as a genie but did had a couple of issues with him as a concierge so I specifically requested not to have him.

Enjoy the Harmony.

Merry Christmas and happy new year to you and your family.

We just had Joyce on Oasis about 2 weeks ago and loved her. I didn't see her during the day often, but she was hugely responsive on email and pretty much never told us no.

We're book on Anthem in May in a Grand Loft Suite - do you know which cabins are Star Class? I booked this expecting Star Class, and the promo materials say it is - but they keep adding gratuities to my reservation and when I call in the agents are being told it isn't Star Class. For what we're paying, it should be, but now I'm nervous.

What cabin did you have on Anthem?

We just had Joyce on Oasis about 2 weeks ago and loved her. I didn't see her during the day often, but she was hugely responsive on email and pretty much never told us no.

We're book on Anthem in May in a Grand Loft Suite - do you know which cabins are Star Class? I booked this expecting Star Class, and the promo materials say it is - but they keep adding gratuities to my reservation and when I call in the agents are being told it isn't Star Class. For what we're paying, it should be, but now I'm nervous.

That doesn't make sense. According to the FAQ about star class-the only suites that guarantee to have star class are royal suite (one) and owner loft (one) and grand loft suite (six). There is now a debate about the sky loft suite, but grand loft suite should definitely have star class benefits. If it, only two suite would have it, and what would be the point?

We had a grand loft suite on anthem. From what I've read/heard those will stay star class. They are going to rename the sky loft on the oasis class to star loft and then the sky loft suites will be sky class

That doesn't make sense. According to the FAQ about star class-the only suites that guarantee to have star class are royal suite (one) and owner loft (one) and grand loft suite (six). There is now a debate about the sky loft suite, but grand loft suite should definitely have star class benefits. If it, only two suite would have it, and what would be the point?

Oh I agree. I think their famous IT department isn't helping with clear answers.

• 3 weeks later...
We are booked in a 2 bedroom aqua theatre suite and my son is trying to get me to switch to the one with the slide. Oh and he is 28 and 6'6" but he claims it will be for my grandson who will be born in March.

We loved Cleon. As far as Reyno, we have not had him as a genie but did had a couple of issues with him as a concierge so I specifically requested not to have him.

Enjoy the Harmony.

Merry Christmas and happy new year to you and your family.

How do you request not to have a certain genie?

We've had Mimi and Derick on Anthem of the Seas. Both were absolutely incredible and would appear almost anytime we wished they were they. I'm hoping we get one of them again on our next cruise in a few months but don't know what ship they are currently on or will be moving to. Our friends had Joyce this past Summer and though they found her helpful and eager to please, she was not as "going over and above" as our genies were.

Swiss:D

• 1 month later...

I just booked the Grand Loft Suite on the Anthem for Nov 2018 and it is Star Class. I was not charged gratuities...

Grand loft is a star class suite. Sky loft is becoming a sky class.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

And to further Constable’s comment, which he knows but those reading along might not, that is for Quantum a Class only not Oasis Class.