What is your favorite diamond perk?

• 1 month later...
I didn't make the rule.

And if your child is living with you...that child has the same C&A level as

you do...hence...would be a Diamond also. ;)

However, once your child hits the lovely age of 18 they stop. So I have one who is Platinum and one who will be Diamond. They are only four years apart in age, but we started cruising later in the first ones life.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

However, once your child hits the lovely age of 18 they stop. So I have one who is Platinum and one who will be Diamond. They are only four years apart in age, but we started cruising later in the first ones life.

The way I understood this to be was, yes children living with their parents and cruising, have the status of their parents and accumulate points accordingly. Once the child reaches the age of 18, there status is independent of their parent, but they retain the status achieved. So in this case yes your younger child began their cruising career at whatever level you had when they took their first cruise and started to build their own point history from that time. When they reached the age of 18 and they were Diamond at that time, they may have only had enough points on their own to be Platinum, but they will still remain Diamond. They won't achieve Diamond Plus until they 'on their own' achieve the point level that is needed to be D+. The younger child WON'T lose their Diamond status when cruising.

I hope that my understanding is accurate....but that is what friends with children have told me.

As a D+ we really like the fact we have a lounge to go to when we want to get way from the noise to read, etc. We go to the Concierge Lounge more than the Diamond Lounge as it generally has fewer people. We also like getting bottled water (3 each at a bar) each day which keeps us from buying the drink package. And there are generally 4-5 bottles of water in our room when we first check in. We do not drink alcohol.

The way I understood this to be was, yes children living with their parents and cruising, have the status of their parents and accumulate points accordingly. Once the child reaches the age of 18, there status is independent of their parent, but they retain the status achieved. So in this case yes your younger child began their cruising career at whatever level you had when they took their first cruise and started to build their own point history from that time. When they reached the age of 18 and they were Diamond at that time, they may have only had enough points on their own to be Platinum, but they will still remain Diamond. They won't achieve Diamond Plus until they 'on their own' achieve the point level that is needed to be D+. The younger child WON'T lose their Diamond status when cruising.

I hope that my understanding is accurate....but that is what friends with children have told me.

We were platinum when my oldest child hit 18. We will be diamond when my youngest hits 18. This makes it hard when we cruise as a family as my oldest can not attend the DL with us.

We were platinum when my oldest child hit 18. We will be diamond when my youngest hits 18. This makes it hard when we cruise as a family as my oldest can not attend the DL with us. Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have no issues with the rules. When we travel as a family, no DL is used. When husband and I travel, then we will enjoy the perks.

Glad you have no issues with the policy/rule -- no policy is perfect. Every time your oldest cruises with you or on their own) they will keep accumulating their points. Both of your children are fortunate to have cruised with you to have a base number of points to build off of.

Glad you have no issues with the policy/rule -- no policy is perfect. Every time your oldest cruises with you or on their own) they will keep accumulating their points. Both of your children are fortunate to have cruised with you to have a base number of points to build off of.

I understand that everything has a cutoff. We love cruising and I love that my adult children still want to vacation with me. These are memories that will last a lifetime. The rest is just trivial.

One child gets 4 more years of enjoying their parents, the other gets Diamond perks.

fair trade.

• 8 months later...
Diamond lounge. Travelling solo can't always afford a balcony even with the discount but love the nightly event in the Diamond lounge.

Another solo agrees. Also like the diamond breakfast and lunch location on some ships. Seems easier to connect with people in the smaller group .

I would say the drinks during happy hour - even if we just have two drinks each plus a bottle of water that comes to around $315 for a seven day cruise against the diamond balcony discount of $225