Cruising on noctural dialysis

yliebert

My Hubbie is on nocturnal hemo with a NXStage cycler. We just returned from a 3 week trip to the UK, 2 Nights in Southampton, 12 nights on board the Crown Princess and 5 nights in London. The customer service people at Kimal, the UK affiliate of NXStage were fantastic. They made certain that all of our fluids, cartridges and sharps containers were delivered in advance to each location. We ha a mini suite abourd ship so there was plenty of room to maneuver. They kept our boxes in the holde and brought them up as we needed them. My only suggestion would be to make certain you inventory all the boxes prior to departure. We think they accidently tossed a box of cartridges, so we had to call London to get replacements. Kimal was great about it and had a new box at our next port of call. As long the hotel has an elevator you can certainly travel with a cycler. :D

• 4 years later...

Hi -

Can you tell us who to contact at Princess to get permission to take our NxStage cycler on-board? My husband does short daily. We cruised before he started dialysis but not since. We had to cancel our dream cruise to Spitsbergen in 2014 because I could get nowhere with Princess when I called about it. We booked a mini-suite so there'd be room to set it up, etc. And we are Platinum with Princess, too. But regardless, I was told they don't accept the risk.

So how did you arrange it? Do you have contact info?

Anne

P.S. I also posted on the Roll call for your upcoming cruise. We are the same people. I wasn't sure if you would respond to such an old post.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi -

Can you tell us who to contact at Princess to get permission to take our NxStage cycler on-board? My husband does short daily. We cruised before he started dialysis but not since. We had to cancel our dream cruise to Spitsbergen in 2014 because I could get nowhere with Princess when I called about it. We booked a mini-suite so there'd be room to set it up, etc. And we are Platinum with Princess, too. But regardless, I was told they don't accept the risk.

So how did you arrange it? Do you have contact info?

Anne

P.S. I also posted on the Roll call for your upcoming cruise. We are the same people. I wasn't sure if you would respond to such an old post.

Did you get all the information you needed?

Yoletta

• 1 year later...

Good morning ladies-

Have either of you been in recent cruise travels with your cycles? Any updates? Curious to know if it can be done for a planned July cruise for us-

I appreciate your sharing & help on this topic- still not much information that I can find online-

Margery

• 2 weeks later...
Good morning ladies-

Have either of you been in recent cruise travels with your cycles? Any updates? Curious to know if it can be done for a planned July cruise for us-

I appreciate your sharing & help on this topic- still not much information that I can find online-

Margery

My dad didn't travel with his cycle. He did it manually 3 to 4 times per day. He had to watch what he agree and drank. He built a stand out of pvc pipes that he could assemble in a few seconds, this was more stable than the metal stand.

My dad didn't travel with his cycle. He did it manually 3 to 4 times per day. He had to watch what he agree and drank. He built a stand out of pvc pipes that he could assemble in a few seconds, this was more stable than the metal stand.

The PVC is genius! Thanks for the info- much appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums